View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Okay, the Battling thing has always been so confusing to me.

Can we clear one thing up at least? I think the forms would be more understandable if they looked like this:

Opponent: (the opponent you're targeting):
My Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're using):
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
My Pokemon's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Points remaining: (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

I really don't understand step number 5 under battling Pokemon, because it's not clear to me, at least, which Pokemon is getting the advantage points. The level-thing throws me completely off :/
Honestly, your form looks a lot clearer and easier to understand, Char. XD

As for step 5, I think it's supposed to be like the in game battles.

For the level differences, say for instance you're using a Charmeleon (with 16 points) against my Bulbasaur (with 5 points).

According to the level chart, you would gain 5 bonus points because it was between level 10-30 with a type advantage over me. However, I would also lose 5 points because of this type disadvantage.

Now, there is also another bonus for evolutionary stages.

Again, you're using Charmeleon, which is a stage higher than Bulbasaur. According to the rules, you would gain 5 bonus points and I would also lose 5 bonus points.

So at the end of the bonuses this is the results:
You: +10
Me: -10

Now, to put this into practice:

Opponent: (the opponent you're targeting): Bulbasaur
My Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're using): Charmeleon
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon): 5 points
My Pokemon's Points (the points of your Pokemon): 16 points
Points remaining: (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using): 5 trillion

I BELIEVE this is how its done, according to the examples given by Latio. (However, the first example for battling makes no sense with the math, so just use the Onix and Raticate one.)

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790