Thread: [Other] Modern Mythology [RP]
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default Re: Modern Mythology [RP]

(OOC: Socratic, I hope you don't mind me getting in on your characters are up to. If you do I can always make it unrelated.)
Lilith Killough and Farley Patterson
Demon Hunter and Possessed Laptop; Neutral
Forest, somewhere in the US
ARP: Socratic

"I just hope you realize how stupid this whole thing is."

"I thought it was your statistics that led us to this location," Lilith pointed out calmly, examining her violet painted nails. "Wasn't supernatural activity supposed to be high in this area?"

"Well, yes," the nasal voice emanating from the laptop sitting on the car seat next to her said. "That doesn't change the fact that plowing directly into where the nice little map I made labelled as 'run away as fast as possible' is a really bad idea."

"Your concern is touching," she said, sliding her booted feet down from the car's dashboard and onto the floor. "But I think it's unnecessary, since we've been staking out this area for a few days now, and absolutely nothing unusual has happened."

"Well, then we should move on then," Patterson said. The map popped back up onscreen. "Look, how about we head over here?"

Lilith glanced at the spot he had highlighted. "That area is completely void of activity."

"That's the point," he said, as if speaking to an imbecile.

"I'm a demon hunter," she responded. "Demon hunting does actually require demons, Patterson." He merely hmphed in response and the screen went dark. She sighed. "You're not in any danger, you know."

"Well, not physically, sure," he retorted. "But if something happens to you, I'm stuck in here permanently. And it's not like I can sprout legs and move around."

"Well, it's a good thing nothing is going to happen to me, then," she said primly. "Especially not at this rate. Are you sure we're in the spot I wanted?"

The laptop snorted. Lilith had given up trying to figure out how it was making noises like that without nostrils. "Of course. I wouldn't lie, and I don't make mistakes."

She was about to reply when there was a loud boom in the distance. She immediately crouched down in the car, bracing for an impact that never came. When she had counted ten seconds, Lilith sat back up, suppressing the idle thought that her makeup was probably smudged now. "Patterson?"

"On it," he said. The screen lit up. "That was fae energy, with some psychic overlap. Could've been from the same source, but I don't think so."

"A fight?" She glanced at the array of colors he had arranged on screen.

"Yep," he said.

"Fae energy. Not exactly what I was looking for," she said, weighing the risks and possible benefits.

"I'd stay out of it," Patterson advised. "Fae are dangerous and they're either tricky, mean, or both. They've got no reason to cooperate with you and every reason to fight with you."

Lilith glanced out at the trees. There was no indication of where the fighting had been in the skyline. "Can you trace it?"

A loud groan. "Oh, please no. Can we not do this?"

"I could just be looking for a way to leave while avoiding it," she said mildly.

"You're not, though," he said irritably. Lilith reached over and began inputting commands on the keyboard, and he let out a yelp. "All right! All right. You've got a serious death wish." A map appeared on the screen.

Lilith took a moment to analyze it, then nodded. She opened the door to the car, ignoring Patterson's protestations from behind her. "I'm just going to take a look," she said mildly, shutting the door behind her. That really was all she had planned. If there wasn't anything of use to her, she'd just be on her way. And she'd never seen fae fighting before. It was good research to observe from a distance. She patted the knives concealed under her jacket to assure herself they were there, checked her twin guns were loaded, and paused to finger the wands at her waist. Then she set off into the woods, grey eyes ever vigilant.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links