View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

Finally posting here geez.

I know I haven't been active on PE2K by anyone's imagination for quite some time, having pretty much moved over to BMG after the URPG's first expansion. Even back then PE2K's activity was heading south, especially in the RP section. When most of the URPG's activity transferred to BMG, I went with it because there wasn't much going on here. I knew, somewhere deep inside my subconscious, that PE2K's days were numbered.

Even now it really hurts me to see others say it so openly, that PE2K is slowly but inevitably dying, and has been for some time. It hurts even more to openly admit it to myself. This was the first major forum I joined, where I honed my writing and RPing and became what I am today. I met awesome people and made great friends like Neo, Rust, Harry, and many others. This was truly the first place on the internet that I felt was my "home".

While I'd love to see PE2K have it's final moment of glory with the WAR, I agree that using it to breathe life into PXR is probably a better idea. We can give the site and forum the chance to be like PE2K was back when it was a forum and site people actually KNEW about. I've sadly been absent for many of the meetings due to various reasons, but I hope to become as active there as I was here back in my heyday here. Rather than draw attention to PE2K's final moments with a WAR, perhaps it'd be better to let it quietly fade away while retaining its dignity. I know in maybe 5 or 10 years I'll look back at this site and be hit with a nostalgia train (it's actually kinda happening now as I type this), but in all honesty, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Wow that was WAY more sentimental and gushy than I meant it to be. It's like an ode to PE2K XD. FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE WHO TL;DR: I agree with moving this to PXR because as much as it pains me to admit it, PE2K is pretty much on its last leg. Bringing new interest to a new site will help it grow, and in turn since it's new and people will be curious and have a look around, they might wander across the WAR on their own.

As far as activity goes, we could prepare something, perhaps, a Youtube interview/video/vlog or maybe a Twitter feed or FB page or something for the WAR, and advertise it in the weeks leading up to it? We'd also be advertising for PXR in a roundabout manner and I doubt anyone has issues with that lol. If we do indeed decide to do it in the first place, and host it on PXR.

^Rock Musical Bleach^