View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default Re: WAR XII RP Brainstorming and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Why are we doing crossovers? All that does is make the RP inaccessible to people and gives an advantage to those that know about both universes. It also makes it less fun for people that don't know or don't care about the other universe.

I'm going to write up my RP idea this weekend and post it up. It's based on the Pokemon ReBurst manga--should be cool.
This. I believe last year's was a Sonic x Pokemon crossover? I was tempted to join, but after finding out it was a Sonic crossover (I know nothing about Sonic), I didn't want to anymore. Also it came up in the URPG AIM blast chat, and other people said the same thing.

Yes, there was a bit of an introduction to the Sonic world, but unfortunately, there's just not much incentive to join in a game where 50% revolves around another gaming universe, for those people that aren't fans on that particular universe. Especially now that activity is kind of a concern, we should probably try to make a game where we can attract a lot of people.

Not that I have any ideas and I tl;dr'd everything else too lol. Just my thoughts tho, since I'm not an RP expert.