View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default Re: WAR XII Discussion and Planning

- How long the WAR should be
I'm kind of worried about activity, to be honest. As a judge last year, activity was pretty bad for my Pokemon Online/Showdown section with one or two weeks with no submissions at all and the rest with 1-3. So, while I'm not a fan of this as a participant, I think it would be more intelligent to have four weeks to be on the safe side.

- How WAR Teams are made and how many should there be
I would personally like for the teams to be made in the same way as the past. I vote against a member limit, though if absolutely necessary, we can implement one later in the process (before the start of the actual WAR). Five to six feels like a good number to accept, though it's a number I would like to be able to change later on if it would be in our best interests, depending on how many teams can get over the minimum member limit/have a reasonable number of members.

- How members join teams
Just let members pick one. Saves trouble, and if need be, we can always ask for members to move around.

- WAR Starting Date
School ends for me late June, and I believe it's the same/similar for most other people. The last day of June (June 30th) is on a Sunday, so that feels like a perfect date to start it, with the week(s) before being used for pre-WAR stuff. I'm thinking of the RP specifically here as a section that would benefit from this.

- Submission and Judging periods
Yeah, the system has worked excellently in the past. I feel that, in the case of a late judging, somebody should be designated to step in and take over to grade things and set a new theme for the week. Ideally, this would be one or two people total across all of the sections. I think last year, we had a situation where somebody was late in judging. While it totally might not happen again this year, we should be prepared for it.

Judges receiving points would be cool, but it shouldn't be a number that can sway the results greatly since it really is just effort points. I'm thinking if a "minor" section like Humor (if we have that again) is worth 10 points a week, Judging should be 5 points a week. That way, it COULD make a difference in a close matchup (esp. if judges are judging all five weeks and if a team has multiple people judging), but it won't be the bulk of their points.

Also down for moving to PXR. It looks to be a great site from what I've seen so far.