View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
princess crow Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to princess crow
Default Re: Winter Writing Competition 2012

Wow.

This is it. The final round of our Winter Writing Competition is coming to an end. Though this competition was relatively small compared to the past, competition was as strong as ever. Everyone that participated - give yourselves a hearty pat on the back. You've helped make this competition one-of-a-kind, and I thank you greatly for all that you've provided for this prestigious event.

Enough delaying. Now, drumroll... May I present to you, the third place winner!

Spoiler:

BOOM CLANG BOOM POW BOOM CONGRATULATIONS WINTERVINES!

WinterVines and her hallowing story, Sonata, have struck a chord with our readers! With a total of 15 points, she can take home $5,000 and any Hard-ranked Pokémon of her liking! Nice job, Winter!

And now, for the second place prize! Drumroll once more, please!!

Spoiler:

SMACK CLANG SMACK BOOM CLOP BOOM SMACK CONGRATULATIONS AKINAI!

Akinai and her story, Vanity, told a grim tale of a Spoink in a cave. Though the Spoink didn't make it out alive, Akinai is rewarded for it in a sick and twisted way! PRIZES FOR STORY MURDER WOO. Just kidding. Akinai's getting the prize for the great story she told that our readers seemed to love, wracking up 17 points this round. Go ahead and grab a Complex Pokémon for yourself, along with an additional $8,000.

AND NOW. WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

This year's 1st prize place goes to...

Spoiler:

Oh wait wrong place and wrong bird my bad

POW VROOM BANG CLASH BOOM BEEP BOOP SMACK CONGRATULATIONS ALASKAPIGEON!

Ladies and gentlemen (and dittos), give a round of applause for this girl. Alaska wrote a short yet terrifically brilliant story about love and memories, as well as letting go of these two strong feelings. Quite the tear-jerking, onion-peeling experience. The readers loved this story so much that Alaska gained 26 points this round! Snatching first place, Alaska is now entitled to $10,000. However, the greatest prize lays ahead. Not only will she have the honor and respect from her fellow URPGers, but she can now claim ANY unclaimed Legendary Pokémon!!! You can keep this Pokémon for an entire year to prove your great triumph in this marvelous competition.

Again, a round of applause to everyone participating in this event. The talent in this was OFF THE CHARTS. Reading these stories filled me with great pride and respect for my fellow authors. You've all done fabulously, and I wish I could give each and everyone of you a prize of your own. However, join me in congratulating the best of the best, the winners of the 2012 Winter Writing Competition!

SNAP CLANG VROOM POW VROOM *APPLAUSE!*

Sadly, all great things must come to an end. It's time for this party to split. Hold your tears. But seriously. Thanks, everybody, for making this great. It's YOU who's made this thing possible, and I can't thank you enough. Before you know it, we'll be back here in June, completely owning the Story Section once more. Prepare yourselves, and I'll see all y'all around.

Vote Results:

Spoiler:

Vanity by Akinai: 17 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 (+3)

Sonata by WinterVines: 15 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 (+3)

Final Spark by CrazyLilChicken: 8 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2

A Little Rain by Alaskapigeon: 21 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 3

Voters (due to the sheer awesomeness of this round, you can all claim 5k instead of 3k for voting) :

Spoiler:

Smiles

Felly

WinterVines

Akinai

Gazm0tr0n

Voltaire Magneton

BlueTowel

MuddyMudkip

Joltik

KE$HA LATER, YOU GORGEOUS POPSICLES!