View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default New Addition - TM Cases

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce to you a fresh addition to the URPG, something we hope that will help increase activity in the Story Board and help a lot of less-privileged battlers put EMs on their Pokemon. This has been discussed by the Staff for about a week now, and was almost universally loved - we hope you feel the same way.

Introducing: TM Cases!

TM Cases are a virtual collection of TMs that you can use to trade as opposed to Pokemon. For example, say you have a great story idea for a Staryu but don't really want any of the Pokemon that anyone is offering. Now, you can simply request a collection of TMs you've been needing but couldn't quite afford.

Just to be clear - in practice, there is no such thing as an actual "TM Case", you don't need to buy them in order to stack TMs inside of them. All you need to do is declare that the TMs you are buying are going into a TM Case to trade, and then when it is approved in the PokeMart, link the post in the Trading Machine. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Dealer
I'd like to buy TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Attract, and TM Earthquake. They'll be going into a TM Case.

76500 - 7000 - 9000 - 3500 - 6000 = 51000
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart Approver
Quote:
I'd like to buy TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Attract, and TM Earthquake. They'll be going into a TM Case.

76500 - 7000 - 9000 - 3500 - 6000 = 51000
Approved.
Now that it's been approved, Story Dealer simply links his/her post in the Trading Machine like so:

Quote:
Trading this TM Case to Authorman for his Staryu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authorman
Yes, trading my fresh new Staryu for Story Dealer's TM Case as posted above.
An approver will approve the Trade, and everyone gets what they want!

Also, you can include TMs that you already have into a case. Got a spare Grass Knot you want to get rid of? Simply link your stats in the PokeMart post and state which TM you are including in the case!

How is the value of TMs worked out? That's the best part - it's completely up to you guys! You can base the value of Pokemon by their character count, for example. As long as it's not too outrageous (i.e. a Porygon-Z for a single Earthquake TM or a Staraptor for twenty Protects) our Approvers will be happy to help you out!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, I feel like I've forgotten something but my laptop is about to die so I'll have to check in a little later, haha.

PS: I was totally going to name this thread "New Ranger" but I wussed out.