View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Anybody think survival horror has gone downhill?

Unfortunately, I agree with this. Also, long post is long, sorry. Lol.

However, as a Dead Space fan, I felt that it was very horror-like and enjoyed it wholeheartedly. Then the second one came out and there was a mix of horror and action, but with their more recent release of Dead Space 3, I feel that there was hardly any horror but more action than anything, it was quite disappointing. :/

On the positive side, I do feel like Silent Hill is returning to their original roots a bit, but that may just be my opinion on Silent Hill: Downpour?

I feel that it's because of the larger companies shifting their attention to the action crowd (maybe they're just bigger than the horror fanbase?) that indy horror games are a lot better than what the other companies are giving us? (Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes to mind here.)

All in all, I'm really hoping that they do go back to their horror roots (Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Silent Hill). Mostly as I'm not into action games like Call of Duty or Battlefield and that I feel like the story of horror games are easier to grasp and intrigue the audience?

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790