Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Neptune's Disciple Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple
Default Re: Xerneas and Yveltal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
U DUMMEH FAYCE

The only viable theory is 3D graphs! xD

XYZ are plots on a 3D graph. The first Pokemon games in 3D. Chromosome theory doesn't make any sense to me (yet, unless they do something like, Pokemon X has female only evil team etc), because Yveltal (pronounce, Ee-Vel-Tall) and Xerneas (Xer-knee-us) probably won't have genders. I also pronounce Yveltal the same. D:

No one can say for sure, but I am definitely anticipating a Z legendary! O:
I'm guessing they'll run with the XYZ train too, but only time will tell.

As for the typing of Xerneas, I'm thinking it might be part steel, on account of its forelegs looking like swords. As for its second type, I'm guessing it will likely be grass, or perhaps psychic, either of which would make for a decent typing. I'm also assuming that in game, it will generally pose with it's forelegs spread apart, thus forming an 'X' with the horns. And can I just say wow - those horns!! Seriously loving its design, so elegant and lovely, and oddly calming. Yveltal, on the other hand, not such a fan. Maybe we'll see another dark/dragon type? Or maybe part ghost if we're running with the life/death theme of the games as speculated in other posts.

Does anyone know of any god-like trios that revolve around birth (Xerneas), life, and death (Yveltal)?

- ND

EDIT: I've just had a look at Xerneas' bulbapedia page, and it seems to be based off a Heraclean deer of myth, called the Ceryneian Hind. It was a beast that Heracles had to capture as one of his labours. It had horns of gold, hooves of bronze, and could 'outrun an arrow.' It's certainly sounding like a steel type to me! The names of Xerneas and Ceryneian are quite similar too. Food for thought.

Last edited by Neptune's Disciple; 01-24-2013 at 12:51 PM.