View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: [RP] The Secrets of Fells Church: Ghost World

"I'm not sure..." Ashley responded to Kiseki as she looked down, and silence fell over the group as everyone thought. Ashley reached the conclusion first, quickly looking up toward the younger twin as she gave her answer. "She's where all of us always end up when something is wrong; Wickery Bridge."

“Of course, why didn’t I think of that before?” It was true that all of them somehow ended up on the bridge when something went wrong; almost everyone in the group had been there under such circumstances at least once.

"What's going on?" Before Ichiru or Kiseki could make a move for the door, Damon’s voice came from behind them, bringing the twins to turn and look at the sleepy Vampire who stood in the doorway in nothing but a pair of black boxers.

"I need you to stay here with the children. Caroline has left the house and we think she's going to try to do something reckless." Ashley responded, and her words seemed to wake the older Vampire instantly.

"Damn it Caroline..."

"Don't tell Kotomi, Aiden or even Kol what has happened either. Kotomi already has enough stress on her shoulders right now." Ashley instructed, to which Damon nodded. The brunette then left the house like a bullet, both Kiseki and Ichiru right behind her as they headed for the bridge. None of them had bothered to worry about socks or shoes, but since they were all Vampires it didn’t really matter even if it was the middle of winter.

Upon reaching the bridge, neither Ichiru or Kiseki could see any signs of Caroline on the bridge or anywhere around it. Kiseki instantly began to panic, but a firm hand on his shoulder allowed him to keep his senses. The sun was already shining brightly, so if Caroline were out here without her ring…

"Caroline!" Ashley’s shout brought Kiseki back to reality, but the lack of a reply didn’t help his fear that something had happened to the blonde. He was just about to call out for her himself when a very familiar voice came from under the bridge.

"Thank you... for saving me."

"Don't expect it all the time." Klaus' voice came in response, and Kiseki ran over to Ashley’s side with Ichiru at his heels, the two of them instantly spotting Caroline and Klaus swimming out from underneath the bridge and making their way to the edge of the lake.

"Caroline!" Kiseki’s voice mixed with Ashley’s, and he was right behind her when she dove into the water below. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Caroline responded to Ashley with a nod as Kiseki resurfaced. The splash of Ichiru’s dive came shortly after. "Klaus saved me."

"You've been helping us out quite a bit lately... and haven't asked anything in return." Ashley pointed out as her and Klaus locked eyes. "Why?"

"Would you like me to stop helping you then? I could had easily let Caroline kill herself like she was planning to." Kiseki’s eyes narrowed at Klaus’ reply as Ichiru walked up beside him, and Ashley stubbornly looked away.

"Can you blame me for being a bit defensive?" She asked. "After everything that you've done..."

"You and your friends are cooperating when it comes to me making my Hybrids." Klaus responded. "As long as you cooperate with everything, I'll help you and your friends. We've been through this before, Ashley."

"Thank you." After giving a sigh and a nod, Ashley finally responded after a few moments. Klaus gave a nod of his own and the rest of the group swam toward the shore. Ichiru looked at Kiseki in question when seeing that he was still lingering in the water, his gaze fixed on Klaus.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just can’t bring myself to trust him…” Kiseki responded softly. “I’m thankful that he saved Caroline, but…”

“I know how you feel.” Ichiru spoke after his brother trailed off. “I don’t think any of us actually trust him yet. It’s expected, considering everything that happened twenty years ago - and even recently. For now, let’s just be glad that he’s on our side.. Be it temporarily or not.”

Kiseki nodded with a sigh, the two of them then swimming to the water’s edge and joining the others at a nearby bench.

"I have a crazy idea that just might work." Klaus was saying as they joined the group. "You're half Angel, so you have an aura that is completely different from everyone else. Yours is pure silver with strings of bright colors, and you're the only one who can even use your aura as either a shield, a weapon or can even use it to form Angel wings and fly. What if when Kotomi takes away Caroline's happiness then you heal Caroline with your Angel's aura?"

"Do you really think that could work?" Caroline asked as the expression on Kiseki’s face finally changed.

"It's truly worth a shot." Klaus answered.

"Why can't Kotomi just take from my aura instead of Caroline's?" Ashley asked.

"Your aura is used for healing, yes, but a stable mental wall is stable by true happiness. And since Caroline was turned into a Vampire by an Original Vampire, the happiness in her aura is stronger than other Vampires'. Auras are very tricky, so we're still learning from them."

"I think it's worth a shot." Caroline said with a nod, bringing everyone to look back at her. "Later when Kotomi takes more of my aura we can try to use yours to heal mine."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline nodded in response, to which Ashley nodded as well. After a few moments of silence, Kiseki couldn’t restrain himself any longer and wrapped his arms around the blonde tightly.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again.” His voice trembled slightly as he spoke, and Ichiru watched him for a few moments before turning his attention to Klaus.

“Is it possible that Ashley may end up depressed herself after healing Caroline’s aura?” He knew it was a different matter than one simply taking another’s aura for happiness and that she most likely wouldn’t, but he couldn’t help being curious, and he wanted to know ahead of time if there was a risk so that he could be prepared if she ended up trying something reckless like Caroline.

OOC: Sorry it took so long… I stored the post in my computer and somehow forgot I hadn’t finished it until now. ^^’

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."