View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Dungeons and Dragons: Desert of Deception - Discussion and SU

-This is a Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Role Play. There will be die rolls and combat. Don't know about Dungeons and Dragons? Ask any questions here. Want to watch for a while and then join in later? I'm sure that could be arranged.-

From the time you were young the world you knew was a barren and arid desert. There are three kingdoms in this sea of sand, each with their own specialized merchants and resources. Many adventurers have made a name for themselves by exploring the caves deep underground that hold treasures from ancient civilizations. There are three large cities, Ereba, Karatyl, and Jor'Talan. The merchants in each have different specializations and you may not find the same goods or the same prices in each one. People who do not live in the cities are either nomads, searching for a better life or Barbaric raiders, killing anybody in their path to obtain wealth and equipment. But you and your party, well, you're seeking something more, aren't you?

If you wish to join this RP there are some things you should know.
1) When it comes to saving throws and defense, I don't go by the predetermined AC and saving throws that 4e has, I feel like in combat you wouldn't always be at 100%. You would be watching all allies and enemies, maybe a shimmer or light would distract you, etc..
2) The above will change if you keep rolling high numbers and avoiding everything. I'm going to trust you for now.
3) All dice will be rolled with this tool
4) Please, do not "fudge" rolls. I cannot stress this enough. D&D is no fun if someone keeps cheating to dodge attacks, or keep getting critical hits
5) I don't mess around with action points. Every turn consists of 1 move action, as many free actions (to an extent), 1 minor action, and 1 standard action. You don't need to do all those, that's just the most you can do in a turn.
6) You must make a character in this thread and then post here so I can look over your character and make sure it's all good.

-Don't have any Dungeons and Dragons books? Just click here to go to my mediafire download with the 3 players handbooks, some race and class info pulled from the Ebberon and Forgotten realms guides, and 3 homebrew races-

7) When making your character you must determine your stats with the Point-Buy system, which can be found on page 17 of Players Handbook 1
8) You have 6 alignments to choose from: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, and Chaotic Neutral. I am not allowing any evil characters. People seem to think "Evil" means "Kill every NPC and then get mad when people won't help us."

I think we'll start at 8 players maximum for right now to see how things start out.
1. Ant2011 - Entomorian Barbarian
2. Sheepat - Reserved (backed out of the initial startup)
3. 5TailedDemonLizard - Dragonborn Paladin
4. Velocity - Aarakocra Wizard
5. sir_Aaron - Reserved (Did not respond to my message, assume inactive)
6. Latio-Nytro - Shardmind Psion
7. Cobalt Shadow - Reserved

I hope you'll join me in the desert!

Last edited by Ant2011; 03-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.