View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Etymology's Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke Adventure! (Daily updates!)

Part 03: Aspertia City - Virbank City:

Team as of last update:

The fallen:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Smell that beautiful Aspertian air! Bianca returns to my side with TM Return - I'm sure this'll be a handy TM for all of my team. I get the Xtransceiver numbers of both Cheren and the big green hatted girl and after a phone call to the prequel rivals and professor Juniper I'm back on my own. The team seem mildly upset by the loss of beloved Heliodor - oh we knew him so little, yet we knew him so well.

"Oh damn! I wonder who's the next to get their head caved in!"

"Diopside, that's completely morbid."

"ELEGANCE. PURE ELEGANCE. THAT TACKLE ATTACK FROM THE FOE'S PATRAT WAS PULLED OFF WITH APLOMB. IT WAS SO MAGNIFICENT, IN FACT, THAT HELIODOR'S DEATH DID NOT TUG AT THE HEARTSTRINGS OF THIS BUG-TYPE, BUT RATHER INSPIRED A NEW ARTISTIC PERSPECTIVE ON DEATH. BRAVO."

Yes. Only mildly upset.

All of a sudden, Corey comes dashing along, headstrong towards the Aspertia City gym. Cheren is eager to take his challenge. I feared that perhaps another would be taken within the confines of the gym. Only time would tell.

Bianca hands me a C-Gear and we ditch Aspertia City, at least for now. We have to traverse Route 19-Route 20 again to reach Virbank City for the next gym badge, but on the way Corey and Cheren meet up with me again. Cheren, being the lovely lad he is, hands me a few Pecha Berries.

Spoiler:

Perhaps free berries before every gym to help out would be a recurring theme? Probably not.

I make it into Virbank City without much occurring. After talking to everyone in town (why are all of the NPCs so nice?) I make it into the grasses of the Virbank Complex, a dingy route outside of the main city, to meet me a new friend.

Who will it be? Something strong? Something rare? Perhaps a mix of the two?

Spoiler:

A wild Pidove appeared!
Generic team imminent.

Great Balls. They really are gggggggggggggggggrrrreat!

"Heeeeyyy. Wasssup duuuudes. The name's Jasper. That's right - after the rock. Maaaan, I've got such a Timid nature, but I just looooove to relaaaaax. I'm not scared, duuuude."

Whilst walking through the Virbank Complex, a strange voice booms throughout the entire area.

"GOOD MORNING, LEXICO. YOU'VE JUST CAUGHT A PIDOVE. BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON."

ASDFGHJKL;'#

Oh well. I get what I'm given, I suppose. Besides, Pidove can score some amazing critical hits with Super Luck and Air Cutter, right?

>checks Jasper's stats
>Big Pecks.

NO. THIS ISN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

WARNING: The following comic is big. I claim no ownership.
Spoiler:

When I got into the main area of the Virbank Complex, the boss of all of the workers their complained that the workers were not motivated enough. "A battle should get them raring to go!" he tells me. Yes. Because nothing is more motivating than a good pummelling into oblivion.

I figured this would be a nice area to settle down and train. A wild Elekid zips out of the grass, cockily twirling its arms at me.

"That cocky piece of somethin'! I'mma get you, you oversized plug-head!"

Beryl bolts into battle. She lets all of the anger and annoyance building up inside her fade and rams into the Elekid in a Return attack, with little cute hearts bubbling up everywhere and hurting the Electric type ("Hearts? That ain't my style, yo!"). The Elekid stands up. It locks eyes onto the Patrat, who was completely unaware of what was to follow. Legs began to move. Quickly. The Elekid slid onto the floor, delivering a bone-breaking Low Kick to the Patrat's knees. She fell. Beryl, she fell. And she did not get back up.

"GOODBYE BERYL. DESPITE THE BACK-CHAT AND SASS, YOU WERE ALWAYS A MUCH VALUABLE PARTNER. I DOUBT LEXICO WILL KEEP YOUR CARCASS, BUT LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I ADORED YOUR FUR AND WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE FASHIONED A NICE COAT OUT OF ITS MATERIAL. ADIEU."

"That's all kinds of messed up, duuuuude."

"Boom, boom, boom. Another one bites the dust!"

We bury our beloved Beryl and give our grievances. But alas, an adventure has to unfold and so we continue onward.

I tug at a worker's sleeve. "THE FOREMAN SAID WE SHOULD BATTLE," I say. We completely wreck him. Strangely, he seems incredibly happy and is able to continue work without his partner.

We also come across some creepy scientist guy and defeat him in battle, also. "MY KNOWLEDGE IS LEAKING!" he creaks before sneaking away. What a fool. Any Spiderpig fan knows that your knowledge isn't leaking, it's overflowing. I've still no idea what his purpose is.

After exploring the complex, it's finally time for the next gym. As I enter, I hear a rather steely sound bashing against my eardrums.

P-O-K-E-M-O, N. POKEMON!

Spoiler:

One by one I demolish Roxie's band members just to get the annoying tune to stop playing. But still one member was at large. Time to face the Virbank City gym leader!

She hurls a Poke Ball onto the stage and reveals her big bad Koffing. Jasper swoops from his Poke Ball, and butts heads with the mine-like Pokemon, staring it down with big, Leery eyes. Suddenly, the purple ball spews poisonous gas in the Flying-type's face. Knowing exactly what to do, Jasper pulls out a Pecha Berry from its...pockets and steadily gulps it down, curing it of its ailment. Figuring it was time, I shot at Jasper with the red beam from his Great Ball and I send out a surprise.

DEWOTT, SHELL BLADE!

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, this is my jam!"

Diopside pings from his Poke Ball, scalchop at the ready. It leaps into the air with great force and pulls his arm back. His eyes lock onto his target, and with a swift FWHIP the scalchop comes flying from his person and cracks into the Koffing. KABOOM. The Pokemon's destruction signals our victory in this round.

But the battle was not over. Roxie still had one more ace up her sleeve. A Whirlipede rolled from behind the stage curtains onto the battlefield. It curled up tightly, trying to perform a Protect attack.

"PROTECT? LOLNOPE."

Diopside pulled off a Focus Energy whilst it was protecting. Now was our chance. Taking off both scalchops from its knees, the Dewott charges towards the Whirlipede. One arm raised. Two arms raised. Both came crashing down. The shells tore through the Whirlipede's hard exterior like a chainsaw through a grape. Green bug juices spatter onto Diopside's face. He raises a scalchop to his mouth, wiping the blood onto his lips. "Bittersweet victory."

Roxie falls to her knees. A gym badge and a TM tumble from her pockets. I snatch them up, recall Diopside and I don't dare turn back.

PART 03 CONCLUDED.

CURRENT TEAM STATISTICS BEEBOOP:

PARTY:
Spoiler:

'Diopside the Dewott'
Level 18
Male
Hasty Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Razor Shell
Water Sport

'Agate the Sewaddle'
Level 17
Female
Bold Nature
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

'Jasper the Pidove'
Level 17
Male
Timid Nature
Air Cutter
Growl
Leer
Quick Attack

THE FALLEN:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Etymology; 01-06-2013 at 01:07 AM.