View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Etymology's Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke Adventure! (PART 04 UP!)

Hi there! After deciding to buy Pokemon White 2 and several shopping trips later (none of the stores sold the game and the one that did hid it from sight) I have begun to play the sequel to the beloved fifth generation games! For once, I barely know anything about the game nor do I know the Pokemon that appear on routes or the Pokemon owned by trainers. For this reason I am doing a Nuzlocke run - it is made all the more deadly.

This Nuzlocke run will be a standard Nuzlocke run. If you are not familiar with the rules, they are as follows.

1. If a Pokemon faints it is 'dead'. It must be released or deposited into the PC permanently. I will be releasing them.
2. Only the first Pokemon seen in a route or area can be captured.
3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed. My nicknaming theme is 'precious gemstones'.

I will be logging any amusing thoughts or interesting event throughout my time in this new Unova adventure!

DISCLAIMER: I CLAIM NO OWNERSHIP OF ANY OF THE IMAGES USED. THEY ORIGINATE FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. OKAY, NOW YOU CAN'T SUE.

INDEX:
[01: ASPERTIA CITY - ROUTE 20] (Spoilered in this post)
[02: FLOCCESSY RANCH - ASPERTIA CITY]
[03: ASPERTIA CITY - VIRBANK CITY]

Spoiler:
Part 01:

MEMORY LINK. ACTIVATE.

The following image may hurt your eyes. But you're going to open it anyway, aren't you?
Spoiler:

Woah. Everything looks familiar! Hey, Juniper's Mincinno evolved! I acquaint myself with the professor and confirm my name as 'Lexico' (I'd have picked Eti but that is the name of my Pokemon Black protagonist, snerk snerk). She asks for the name of my rival, of which I confirm as Corey (SPAM HIS VMs. TELL HIM I SENT YOU okay don't do that).

The first sight of myself is inside my house...thing. A striking thing to note is the lack of stairs (a first for the series)... or a bed for my mother. What, does she sleep in the kitchen sink, or something? Creepy scenes of an overprotective mother soothing her pre-teen child whilst both drift off to a gentle sleep in the same bed disturb my mind.

Spoiler:

The residents of Aspertia City have resorted to sink-sleeping due to lack of upward-building space.

Anyhow, I walk outside and meet Corey. "I HAVE A POKEMON BOOYAH" explains his character entirely. I wander around town for a bit when a thought suddenly strikes - y'know, just walking around stranger's homes without a care in the world. Aspertia City's residents must be like one big family! Anyhow, we go upstairs to meet the 'big green hatted lady'. She offers me a selection of Pokemon - I pick the blue...thing.

Not a beaver. Not a bear. Man, what /is/ this thing?

"Hey everyone. The name's Diopside! I'm named after a rare gem which ranges in colour from green to light blue. I'm male and have a Hasty nature. Anyway, nice to meet'cha!"

Introductions aside, we move on to decimate Corey's Snivy. Diopside surprisingly outspeeds the beast, defeating it in a swift four-Tackle combination, youch! Surprisingly, this rival is not as big a d-bag as previous iterations - he bows down respectively, telling me to get stronger. As he runs off into the distance, I know that I'm going to get on just fine.

"Geez. Not even a few hours into a Nuzlocke run and he's already confident."

The green hatted lass gives us a tour around the city and leaves us alone to our own devices...until she shows us how to capture Pokemon on Route 19. That's nice, but I learned all of this stuff back in the prequel, remember? I tread flamboyantly into the grasses, and lo and behold, my first new partner awaits!

Spoiler:

A wild Patrat appeared!
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could stare into the souls of a thousand mindless children whilst they play their precious video game? Approximately two.

"Don't worry, I've got this!"

A swift Tackle from Diopside dips the rodent's health into the yellow fairly easily. Two Poke Balls later, the little rodent is mine.

"G'day kids! My name is Beryl. Short, stubby, and named after a variety of gemstones including emerald, aquamarine and other beauties - ayup, that's me! I am female and have a Sassy nature, so don't get on my bad side!"

Pleased to have met my first partner, I healed up my team and continued along the route, chatting to many tutorial-esque NPCs. One taught me how to jump down ledges - oooooh! Suddenly, we come across another familiar face - it's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! Wow, I didn't know he dyed his quills a striking orange...wait, that's Alder! What's he doing here? The old man notices that I am not yet a "seasoned Pokemon trainer". After applying a pinch of salt and a touch of pepper he is satisfied with his work and asks me to come train with him. I agree and the trainer connoisseur departs.

Floccessy Town is rather simple with nothing much to offer. It appears Alder has imparted much of his rather complex wisdom on the residents, such as "the top-left Pokemon in your party is sent out first". Ah, I can smell the talent brimming already.

"Hey, those comments help out the newer players! Stop belittling this game!"

Stop breaking the fourth wall, Beryl.

"Pat Patrat..."

Excellent. We progress onto Route 20 in style, defeating all of the trainers there. Beryl is now at similar levels to Diopside. Happy, I go to capture my next par'ner! Who'll it be this time?

Spoiler:

A wild Sewaddle appeared!
"Since this Pokémon makes its own clothes out of leaves, it is a popular mascot for fashion designers."
Spoiler:

Oh, Gok. We knew you would.

This lil' critter was a simple as Beryl was - Beryl crunches on her leaves with a Bite attack and a simple Poke Ball later and the fashion-frenzy Pokemon is mine.

"AGATE. BOLD. THAT'S WHO I AM. I WILL OUTCLOTHE ALL THAT DARE OPPOSE ME IN A DAZZLING DISPLAY OF SOWING AND STITCHERY! MY GEM IS THE BEST OF THEM ALL. YES."

All right, we'll stop and save here? Yes? Good.

CURRENT TEAM STATISTICS BEEBOOP:

Party:

'Diopside the Oshawott'
Level 7
Male
Hasty Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun

'Beryl the Patrat'
Level 6
Female
Sassy Nature
Tackle
Leer
Bite

'Agate the Sewaddle'
Level 2
Female
Bold Nature
Tackle
String Shot

Last edited by Etymology; 01-06-2013 at 12:46 AM.