View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Christmas: Love it or Hate it?

There are many people all around the world who celebrate the holidays. What's your take on it? Do you celebrate it? Why do you celebrate it?

We do celebrate it, but I wish we didn't...Christmas here hasn't been good in about three years, almost four. I don't like to go into detail really, but ever since my best doggy friend died I've been a scrooge. I make my parents take the gifts back and I sleep all day and I never go down for Christmas breakfast.

My family celebrates it probably for the family and giving, but I just...ugh. D: I think rampant consumerism killed the 'true' meaning of Christmas about forty years ago, I if I feel even the least bit holly jolly I'm really only in it for the stuff. Things have...not been very good for a while. I don't think becoming non-religious helps either. DX

All I know is it is a Pagan holiday celebrated by the religious mainly. A lot of atheists or polytheistic celebrate it to. There are also people who don't celebrate it at all, like Jehovah's Witnesses.

My (mock) religion is Jemima's Witness so I call it Snow Cake day. :D