View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Sircry Offline

Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

As a Christian, I guess I don't mind throwing my view out.

I also want to lead with the statement that I do not wish to push my beliefs or religion on anyone. We are all individuals, and we have the right to decide things for ourselves. I'm offering a viewpoint, and if you don't agree, that's completely fine. You have that right and that ability.

I know a lot of people tend to be wary of us because of some of our more extreme members' views.

Honestly speaking, I don't really support gay marriage. I don't hate gays, I don't think they should be deprived happiness. Let me get that out now so people will continue reading.

Now, while I don't really agree or support it, I do have to say this:

A lot of Christians like quoting the Bible and its famous abomination verse. Don't honestly care to take the time to find it. But it is in there. What a lot of Christians overlook is this:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," -Matthew 28:19

It doesn't say pick and choose who. It says all nations, which can be interpreted in any number of ways, but I think just means that: ALL NATIONS. Everyone in their nations. A lot of Christians aren't good representatives of this. We can't connect and even try to spread the message to people willing to hear us if we don't build a connection with them. Heck, even just for the sake of being friends, what's the issue?

Another:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:1-5

Not much to add here. It's the proverbial "Let he without sin cast the first stone." Even if you're a Christian and think it's wrong, you're not without sin. We aren't meant to judge. It isn't our place to do so. Leave that up to the higher power.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone or it seems like propaganda. I just want to show people we're not all zealots on a crusade. As long as churches aren't forced to host homosexual weddings against their will, go for it. I'll let the grand scheme of things take care of any judgments or punishments. That's much too far above my pay grade.

Hope it doesn't cause too much of a stir. If it does, for sanity and friendliness sake, I'll do something about this post. But I want at least a few people to know we're not all Westboro's running around.

EDIT
Reviewing the thread a little more, I guess Cobalt Shadow pretty much said the same thing as me but in a more concise and easy to follow form. Sorry.

Last edited by Sircry; 12-13-2012 at 05:24 AM.