Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog
Default Re: Back to Basics: Fossil Fusion Moved

[MENTION=31153]Fossil Fusion[/MENTION]
Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
Trainer: Chris
Area: Enigma Ruins
BP #3
/--\

"I need to come up with something to narrow its health down even more," Chris said, more to himself than me or his Pokemon. He seemed to weigh his options before turning to his rare Ice Pokemon.

I didn't pay much attention to what Chris was saying, but as an observer I could tell that two shared a closer than normal bond. I remembered from Chris's file that he had acquired the Pokemon not too long ago, so it was possible that something happened when he caught the Pokemon that made them close.

Chris gave the Pokemon some words of encourage then called out a Substitute command, which protect Cryogonal from losing too much health from one attack or a combination of attacks. Substitute was where the host Pokemon made a completely copy of its self by using its own health. It was a useful move for dodging status attacks and limiting damage. I would have to see how Chris used it here.

The Farfetch saw Cryogonal use the Substitute and saw an opening. It brought its leek hard upon the ice covering it, taking slight damage, but clearing the ice from its wings and feet. Free from the icy tendrils, the Flying Pokemon launched itself at Crygonal, its natural weapon held before it. The Pokemon squawked again and brought the look down upon Cryogonal, hitting the substitute.

Both Pokemon eyed each other wearily as they waited for the other to move first.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Cryogonal 52.03%[Sub10.17]{Used Substitute}
VS
Farfetch’d 57.66%[-1Spd]{Used Leaf Blade}

Trainer Info

Name: Chris
Trainer Items: Park balls x 3, Superball x 2, Hyper Ball x 1, Max Potions x 2, Pokeplayer(Drilbur), Park Pass
Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining |
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Tympole ??? | ??? Corphish ??? | ??? Whismur ??? | ??? Munna ??? | ??? Growlithe ??? | ??? Magikarp ??? | ??? Farfetch’d ???
Pokemon Captured:
CC since last encounter: 4,232 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:
Modest | Genderless | Cryogonal @ Levitate w/ EMs: Substitute, Toxic, Protect, Blizzard, Hidden Power[Electric] | 100%

Adamant | Male | Nidoking @ Sheer Force w/ EMs: Ice Beam, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Substitute, Surf, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Hone Claws, Outrage | 100%

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net