View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Did you know...?

I typically snoop around Bulbapedia's Beta/old stuff pages, so today I stumbled upon some glitches, looked into them, and came across something pretty neat. It would appear that there were originally 190 original Pokemon. I'd say some of you already knew this, and some of you probably don't even believe it--but it's confirmed by Mr. Morimoto himself. 39 Pokemon were removed from the Red/Green beta versions to be opened again in the making of Pocket Monsters 2 (Officially named G/S).

We now know which Pokemon were created in what order. Distinctly, Rhydon takes it's place at #1. It's pretty easy to tell the first Pokemon created from those created later. Look at Rhydon's R/B/G sprite; it clearly shows the sharp tooth coming from the mouth, the cartoony eyes, etc. Kangaskhan also shares these features, with it being the second Pokemon created. Nidoran-male, with it being the third Pokemon created.

So yes, again, 39 Pokemon were scraped. These are Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Ho-Oh, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Slugma, Magcargo, Swinub, Piloswine, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Houndour, Houndoom, Kingdra, Phanpy, Donphan, Porygon2, Stantler, Smeargle, Tyrouge, Hitmontop, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Miltank, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, and Lugia.

"OMG CURREH UR SO STUPD TESE PKMN WERNT N GEN 1 U CRZY BOI!!!"

GO READ THIS THEN NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN.

That very list shows you the index number of the original 190 Pokemon. From #001 Rhydon to #190 Victreebel. The Pokemon on that list were created in that order. Now the funny thing is, the scraped Pokemon were, well, scraped, and became MissingNo. The 31st Pokemon ever created (Scizor) became Missingno. Now when this MissingNo. is obtained, well, in Generation I it's a MissingNo. However, when in connection with a Generation II game, it will appear as...Scizor. GASP. This ultimately proves the theory. If you were to trade that Glitched Pokemon to Generation II, and it had the same hexadecimal coding (1F), you would receive a Scizor in your Generation II game, and it's even tradable. That seriously blows my mind.

I teared up while writing this I was so amazed an happy! I love discovering cool things. X3 I also frequently got chills, like when you listen to really good music. This stuff is awesomeeee.

Of course, there were a lot more than Pokemon scraped. There were original plans for a female trainer in R/B/G as well.
Spoiler:

Kakuna's arm things were scraped.

This Pokemon was originally the fire starter in Gold and Silver (THANK GOD IT WASN'T. CYNDAQUIL FTW).
Spoiler:

This page here shows some early concepts/prototype Pokemon and characters.

This was the original Weedle line.
Spoiler:

- Early Weedle.

- Kasanagi

- Kasanagi's evolution.

Unused songs...

Possible outcomes of those songs...

Original by Ken Sugimori! Restored by Koolboyman.

Of course the early Pokemon games didn't hold all the beta glory.

Just really do some research, read some Bulbapedia articles! You'll find a lot of neat things. There are tons of cool stuff that didn't quite make the cut, so go look for yourselves! You can also post cool stuff you find in this thread!

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 12-08-2012 at 07:28 AM.