Thread: [Other] Bound By Blood
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: Bound By Blood

The Rest of Chapter Three

The two sat there for a little over a half hour talking about all different kinds of subjects, two emptied plates in front of Rosina and Allison after eating their breakfast. There were times Jesse had tried to start up a conversation with Rosina but Caleb would intervene with one of his own, and although the Vampire didn't make it obvious to Rosina, Jesse quickly caught on, anger flaring up in the other male but did his best to control it. He already knew what would happen if he ever lost control from his anger...

"Would you guys like anything else?" Jesse asked with a kind smile as he only looked to Rosina and Allison, taking their emptied plates on a circular tray he held.

"No we're fine. Thanks Jesse." Rosina responded, a warm smile on her face. Jesse returned it instantly, looking over to Caleb.

"Would you like some more coffee?"

"I'm fine." Caleb responded, Jesse's jaw clenching from Caleb's tone but didn't say anything about the matter. He nodded, walking away as Caleb turned his attention back over to Rosina. "So tell me again how you fractured your left ankle."

"It was my junior year of high school, and I just finished a major test which all of the juniors had to complete. The test is a week long, each day being a different section of the test, so on the last day of the test my two friends and I were so happy that it was finally over with. That same night we decide it would be fun to jump on a trampoline I had in my backyard which didn't have a surrounding net, but when we got outside the back light wasn't working. We were stupid and didn't care though so we went on the trampoline in complete darkness.

While I was in the air after doing a really big jump my one friend accidentally slammed right into me, so when I tried to land without falling off over the edge my body didn't land right. All of my weight shifted to my left side so when I landed all we heard was a loud crack, following by me collapsing to my side and began screaming my head off." Rosina explained.

"Sounds like it really hurt when you landed." Caleb commented.

"It actually didn't hurt at first." Rosina chuckled. "The only reason why I screamed was because of the crack my friends and I heard, and then my whole foot quickly turned numb and the numbing went up my leg."

"Your nerves shut down from the sudden injury. When did the pain start to settle in?" The Vampire asked.

"Probably about ten minutes later. My friends were too scared to move me and no one was home at my house at the time since my parents were working and my brother was out drinking. We all stayed on the trampoline until two police cars same rushing to my house. My neighbor heard me screaming and thought I was getting beaten, though I didn't even scream for that long. When I did though my friends said they never heard someone scream like that before, and that it truly sounded like I was getting murdered or something."

"Did you go to the hospital?" Rosina nodded at Caleb's question, though she began to laugh.

"The cops rushed me to the closest hospital where both of my parents were working, so as soon as they saw me they knew I did something stupid. After finding out my ankle was fractured my dad took a kitchen knife into the backyard the next morning and cut a huge slice down the middle of the trampoline, and then threw it out." Rosina continued to laugh, bringing Allison to laugh as well.

"I don't blame him for doing that." Caleb chuckled.

"Neither do I, but at the time I was so mad at him. I didn't talk to him for two weeks and I refused to wear the ankle brace, so now my left ankle is messed up since the bone didn't heal correctly. It really hurts when I run and I sometimes randomly limp without realizing it. When it gets rainy or cold outside my ankle really gives me problems, to where some days I can't even walk on it."

"Too bad you're not a Werewolf like from your novel. The bone would just heal instantly on its own." Caleb said as Jesse walked over with two checks, placing them down on the table.

"You guys can pay up at the register once you're ready." Jesse explained.

"Okay." Rosina responded with a nod and smile, Jesse smiling back before walking away. Rosina's gaze then shifted towards the window where she saw the sun trying to peek through the darkened clouds, Caleb following her gaze which caused his eyes to slightly widen.

"I'm gonna start going. Even though I don't have class tonight I still have to go to work, so I should try to get some sleep." Caleb said as he stood up, bringing Rosina to nod.

"Okay. So I guess I'll see you around?" Rosina asked, a playful grin appearing on Caleb's face.

"Don't worry, you'll see me again." Caleb gave Allison a smile which she instantly returned, Rosina watching as he paid his bill and left the restaurant, making sure not to leave Jesse a tip. Rosina glanced over to Jesse as he glared out the window in the direction Caleb had disappeared to, and for a split second she thought she saw his turquoise colored eyes change to a glowing, piercing silver. Jesse glanced at Rosina and saw that she was looking at him with a puzzled look, the male quickly looking down and let his light brown bangs cover his eyes for a few moments. Rosina looked down at the table, a bit confused at what she just saw.

"Did you enjoy the food?" Jesse asked, walking over to Rosina with a smile a few moments later.

"Yeah, it was really good." Rosina responded as she looked up to Jesse, his eyes their normal color again. Was she just seeing things?

"I liked it a lot." Allison added as both Jesse and Rosina chuckled.

"Well I'm glad everything was satisfying. As much as I hate saying this, you're going to have to pay the bill this time..."

"I know." Rosina chuckled, digging into her purse and pulled out the right amount of money for the bill, along with a five dollar tip for Jesse. "I wouldn't want you to lose your job."

"Speaking of that, I have a bit of a surprise for you." Jesse flashed the brunette a smirk, to which she looked at him in confusion. "I handed in your application to my boss yesterday and she read it over. She's very eager to meet you. I told her you were here at the moment but she's really busy right now, but she was hoping you could come in tomorrow morning around this time for an interview."

"Are you serious?" Rosina asked in excitement, Jesse nodding.

"Yeah, so be here tomorrow morning at the same time for the interview."

"I will." Rosina nodded, standing to her feet as Allison followed. "I'm sorry we didn't really get a chance to hang out before the restaurant got busy." Rosina looked around and saw that there were a lot more people now in the restaurant now, either sitting in booths or at the counter.

"It's okay." Jesse shrugged, Rosina looking back over to him. "You'll just have to make it up to me somehow." He chuckled.