Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Ashley Mellark from District Twelve
Front Garden/Time skip on the Roof

“I take it I’m more than just ‘okay’ now?” Ichiru joked with a smirk as Ashley looked back over to him, the other tribute leaning against the railing behind him.

"Hmm, I'll think about it and get back to you on that." Ashley joked back as she gave Ichiru a smile, giving him a light kiss on the lips.

Days had gone by ever since that night, bringing it to the night before the Games as Ashley and Aria sat on the ledge of the roof, looking at both the lit city and the night sky above them, the stars shining brightly. When the Capitol people found out Ashley and Ichiru were now a couple they went into a frenzy, their story catching the people's eye since Ashley and Ichiru were from different Districts. This only added fuel to the fire for the Mellark's enemies however, to which Ashley and Jeremy had to be careful in the arena.

"I can't believe it's almost time for you to go." Aria said as she looked over to her mother.

"I know. The days went by so quickly." Ashley responded, her, Jeremy, Caroline and Matt all getting a high ranking on their scores, which lined them up with endless sponsors.

"Can we go over to the bench?" Aria asked, Ashley turning her head where an emptied bench could be seen a few feet away.

"Sure." Ashley said with a smile, turning her body around and stepping off the edge as she helped Aria, the two walking to the bench. Ashley laid down on it while Aria laid on top of her, the toddler using Ashley's chest as a pillow as the two looked up at the stars.

"Can you sing mommy? I love your singing voice." Aria asked.

"What do you want me to sing?"

"The song daddy always used to sing to you." Aria responded. Ashley nodded, stroking her fingers through Aria's red hair.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said, 'I'll never let you go.', when all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, 'Don't leave me here alone.', but all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound..."
Ashley sang the rest of the song to her daughter, the brunette not even realizing her eyes were tearing up until after the song when the tears began to slide down her face. Ashley quickly wiped them away, her fears beginning to break the wall she had build up.

"It's time for you to go to bed." Ashley said, forcing a smile as Aria stood to her feet. Ashley knew she was about to breakdown, but she knew she couldn't do that in front of her daughter. Ashley picked up Aria and stepped inside the building, walking back to her own floor. After tucking Aria in bed Ashley locked eyes with her, a single tear escaping her eye and falling on her daughter's cheek.

"What's wrong mommy?" Aria asked in concern.

"It's nothing." Ashley said with a shake of her head. "I'll be right back." Ashley quickly walked out of the room and left the floor, bringing Aria to get out of bed and tell Peeta.

Ashley made her way back onto the roof as she broke down and stood next to the edge, tears streaming down her face as her body shook from being so upset. Peeta made his way to the roof only seconds later, seeing his daughter on the other side.

"Ashley?" Peeta called out. Ashley quickly turned around, seeing her father only a few feet away. The sight of seeing his daughter in this state brought tears to sting in Peeta's eyes, walking over to Ashley and wrapped his arms tightly around her as Ashley cried in his chest.

"I can't leave my daughter tomorrow." Ashley said as Peeta ran his fingers through her hair. Even though Ashley was his older child it still broke Peeta's heart to see her like this, wishing there was something he could do.

"I know. It will all be over soon though, and we'll be waiting here for you." Peeta said in a soft voice. Ashley didn't know about the rebellion, but Jeremy did however, everyone agreeing not to tell Ashley since she had so many other things to worry about.

"I need you to promise me something." Ashley said as she looked at her father, who wiped the tears from her eyes. "I need you to promise that if I don't come back from the Games then you will take Aria away from District Twelve. We have family who live in the Capitol, so I need you to make them take her in. If she lives in the Capitol then she will never have to go through a Reaping."

"You will come back though. I know you will." Peeta said.

"Just please promise me." Ashley said, to which Peeta nodded.

"I promise." Ashley nodded as well from her father's words, that being the main reason why she was so upset. She didn't want Aria to go through the Reapings and possibly get chosen as a Tribute, so Ashley's plan was that if she did make it out alive then she was going to take her daughter and flee the country with her, bringing her family with her.

"I really wish there weren't anymore of the Hunger Games. I would do anything to stop it." Ashley said, collecting herself as she broke free from her father's embrace and looked out onto the city, Peeta joining her as the tears stopped falling from Ashley's eyes.

"If you were given the chance to be the next Mockingjay like your mother was, would you take that responsibility?" Peeta asked, looking over to his daughter.

"Without blinking." Ashley responded, to which Peeta gave a nod.

"I promise you that everything is going to be okay." Peeta said, giving his daughter another hug. "We should go back to the floor. Aria is worried about you."

"I'll be back in a minute. I just need to fully calm down." Ashley said. After giving his daughter a kiss on the forehead Peeta left, leaving Ashley to look back towards the city.

Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve
Training Center/Time skip

"I could come up with various activities I'd rather be doing than being with my brother." Amelia responded with a smirk and a teasing tone in her voice, bringing Jeremy to chuckle. "Anywho, he's off playing house with that girl from District Seven. Can you believe he went and baked food for her?" She asked in amusement towards the end.

"Really?" Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow. Amelia smirked however, leaning in towards Jeremy and brought her lips close to his ear.

"We should spend this hour wisely," Jeremy laughed at her playfulness, the other Tribute letting out a sigh as she leaned back, eying the Peacekeepers. "Alas, I do not like an audience for such matters." She continued to tease, before taking on a serious tone.

"They can be a pain at times." Jeremy said in a low voice to which only Amelia would had heard.

"You know, I find it odd how the others can hate you merely because of your family, I mean, they don't even know you." Amelia frowned. "I never hated you for your family... on the contrary, I felt some sort of pull the moment I saw you, an indescribable pull... I don't hate you now either, I could go as far to say I l-" Jeremy looked at Amelia in confusion as she cleared her throat, the other Tribute pausing for a few moments. "I-I should probably... it's getting late... Keiru's probably back... we're training tomorrow... ye-" The two stared at each other for a few moments before Amelia shook her head, glaring at a Peacekeeper as Jeremy quickly regained himself from the sudden trance he felt. "I really despise audiences."

"Me too. At least they're not staring at us or anything." Jeremy laughed as he looked over to the Peacekeepers, then back over to Amelia. "Stay here for a little while, since you're already here. I'm sure Keiru wouldn't worry that much, and he's probably still with the District Seven girl."

Jeremy's eyes traveled around the Training Center until they fell on the pool, the teen smirking as he looked over to Amelia. Without saying a word Jeremy stood up and scooped Amelia into his arms, already knowing the pool had a shallow end.

"I hope you like water." Jeremy teased, jumping into the pool with Amelia still in his arms a few moments later. He only jumped in the part of the pool that was five foot deep, that way if Amelia truly couldn't swim then she could stand up. Once Jeremy was underneath the water he let Amelia free and stood up, sucking in a breath and laughed.

Days had gone by as Jeremy laid down in his room, waiting for unconsciousness to consume him. It was the night before the Games so he was a bit restless, but the Tribute thought of Amelia, which relaxed him a bit. Peeta had explained the upcoming rebellion to Jeremy but ordered him not to tell Ashley, and Peeta wanted Jeremy to get close to Amelia to see if she knew anything about it since her father was the one funding a large amount of it. Jeremy agreed, though he never brought up the rebellion to Amelia.

As the days went on he felt closer to Amelia, though it wasn't to see if she knew of the rebellion. Over the short amount of time the two knew each other at the Capitol he began to feel genuine feelings for her, and wanted to protect her in the arena until the remaining Tributes would be rescued by hovercraft. After almost an hour Jeremy finally fell asleep, tomorrow leading to a bloodbath.

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four
In District Four Floor/Time skip

“How long until it heals?” Caroline was so focused on her thoughts while looking up at the ceiling that she didn't even realize Kiseki had walked into the room, looking over as he sat down on the bed next to her.

"It will be gone by tomorrow morning, which is good so it won't slow me down in training." Caroline responded, sitting up on the bed more as she looked at Kiseki. "I guess I deserve this though, since I accidentally made Jeremy cut open his hand." Caroline laughed.

Her gaze fell over to the large window on the other side of the room, the city's lights shining bright against the darkened sky. Caroline looked back over to Kiseki a few moments later, gently resting her hand on his cheek and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Please stay... it will get boring in here if you leave." Caroline said with a smile after pulling away from the kiss.

As the days went by it was finally the night before the Games, Caroline and Stefan sitting on the couch together as Caroline was deeply lost in thought. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, since it was already 11:50pm and she needed to be awake by 7am. Stefan was desperately hoping that Caroline would fall asleep soon, knowing tonight was the most important night for her to get some sleep.

"Are you feeling tired yet?" Stefan asked in concern, receiving a shake from Caroline's head.

"I'm too nervous and scared about tomorrow." Caroline responded, looking over to Stefan.

"You need to sleep." Stefan said, standing up and walking to the machine in the kitchen and pressed a few buttons on the touch-screen. A few moments later he returned with a small blue pill in hand and a glass of water in the other.

"What's that?" Caroline asked as Stefan handed her the pill and water.

"This pill will knock you out within a five minute period. I didn't want to give it to you since the side-effect is that it will be extremely hard to wake you up in the morning, but you need to sleep." Stefan sighed, sitting back down next to her.

"Will I feel drowsy or lightheaded when I wake up?" Caroline asked.

"Not at all. You'll feel perfectly fine and well rested." Stefan responded, to which Caroline nodded and placed the blue pill in her mouth, taking a sip of water and swallowing the pill. Stefan stared at Caroline for a few moments, watching as her eyes began to feel heavy already.

"Holy crap..." Caroline said, Stefan chuckling as he placed the water on the glass coffee table in front of the couch and scooped Caroline up in his arms, beginning to walk towards her room. "I want to sleep with Kiseki, since it's our last night together." Stefan nodded, turning around and quietly headed to Kiseki's room. He walked in and placed Caroline gently on the king-sized bed, the blonde getting underneath the blanket.

"Do you need anything else?" Stefan whispered, though Caroline shook her head.

"I'm fine." Caroline whispered back. "Thank you Stefan, for everything." Stefan nodded, giving Caroline a light kiss on top of the forehead and left the room quietly.

OOC: Ashley's lullaby to Aria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUoD9MxuCk