View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Altrius Offline

Default Re: [DS] A question of interest. (Viral Overgrowth Idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
NES2 actually did try to host another dual-forum Role Play--but here on Pe2k a few months ago. From what I could tell, it didn't really go all that well--though I think half of the problem was that he tried to do it right after WAR and everybody was pretty exhausted at that point.

I agree with Winter in that we don't have a lot of our older experienced RPers around, and there are too few new RPers showing up. Like Hyo said, the RP section just isn't getting enough attention.

I think it'd be an awesome idea to get something big like this planned--but the actual planning won't guarantee success. I've seen too many cases where RPs that had obvious effort and energy poured into them falter because people just don't follow through. I think that if we want to try an idea like this, there needs to be advertising--maybe website articles and such, to catch and keep people's interest--and good activity. I'm starting to think that maybe the RP section needs to evolve a little--go towards lighter RPing like what's going on with Gotta Catch 'Em All and such.

I definitely agree with this. The RP forums -do- need a lot more advertising to bring in some new blood. Perhaps a big RP planned, like something i've mentioned, could be used as advertising fodder. I dont know, maybe i'm clutching at straws here.