View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 AM
ArceusTheCreator Offline

Default PJ's emerald nuzlocke adventure

Hello,I am going to be chronicling my first nuzlocke challenge.It will be in comic format after this post,written and played by me and illustrated by my girlfriend,we also have a tumblr which I will add when I update with the first comic panel :) for now im just going to give some screenshots.
MY Rules and guidelines

The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:

Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. (If the first encounter in the area is a double battle in dark grass, the player can choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.)

While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
Optional rules
Though the above rules tend to stay consistent with all challengers, many optional variations and amendments to the rules also exist to further adjust difficulty. These include, but are not limited to:

Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
Not counting the very first encounter on the first route as the Pokémon that can be caught until the player has Poké Balls (for example, the ZigzagoonRS/PoochyenaE that the player has to save Professor Birch from is not counted as the first encounter on the route, and not counting any other encounters as such until they can catch).
Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
Banning the use of Potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.
Banning the use of held items..
Banning the use of Master Balls.
Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be permanently boxed, migrated, or transferred with Poké Transfer should it happen to faint.
No using legendary Pokémon.

VPP:

Level100:@384

Hey I'm no angel, or the devil of your conscience to tell you who to be... good, bad, ugly or otherwise.