~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Route 8

Trainer: Eti Molo
Party:

[Pleasant | Mortull | QueenBee | Waterlog | DuctTape | BigSofty]
In Storage:
Currently: Arriving on Route 8.

The view of the bridge was breathtaking. Dozens of Flying-type Pokemon flocked over head, circling us. Several of their feathers fluttered down - I avoided them for I did not know what kind of diseases could have been lurking on them.

My feet clanged on the bridge as I moved across it. I stopped to rest for a while and to allow Pleasant to catch up with me, who was slowing down to enjoy the scenery every now and then.

"I think I like the ocean," he told me, his aqua eyes gazing out at the equally coloured sea.

"Finally, something you do like," I muttered. "What do you like about the sea?"

"Just think about it," he begun. "We know more about the moon than we do our own ocean. Who knows what could be lurking down there, hidden in the inky darkness of the deep? It's all so eerie, don't you think?"

I shrugged. "I guess." My thoughts kept flickering to my mother.

"We'll find her," Pleasant reassured me. "Dead or alive, we'll find her." The reassurance was gone.

"Thanks a bunch." I never could count on Pleasant for comfort.

"So, Mr.Mime, huh?" he asked me, swirling around my head annoyingly. I tried to swat him away. "Hey! Why Mr.Mime, anyway?"

"They think Mr.Mime is the ancestor of all living Pokemon. They figured a being that old must be powerful. That's why the research was being carried out in Sunburst Village - they breed Mime.Jr there."

"So what went wrong?"

"They made them women. Mrs.Mime, not Mr.Mime."

Giant gasps for air suddenly erupted from the Shuppet. "Oh my Arceus, really? That's hilarious!"

"Just be quiet."

We continued along the bridge. Once we were a fair way across, one of my Poke Balls suddenly opened. Duct Tape emerged, looking around the area.

"Welcome to Route 8, Eti! This is the Rising Bridge, home to several Flying-type Pokemon! Materials from Solstice City was used to make this bridge 50 years ago!" he buzzed, his cogs whirring quickly as he delivered this information.

"Wow!" I said to him, stunned. "You sure are informative!"

"It's my pleasure, trainer!" he clunked. "Anything to keep this trip going smoothly!"

He rammed into his Poke Ball softly, recalling himself. I blinked at the odd behaviour of my Pokemon.

"I guess you meet all kinds of personalities on this trip," shrugged the Shuppet.

Last edited by Etymology; 11-08-2012 at 01:10 AM.