View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Moe2 Offline

Default Re: Legion of Dredd (Welcoming Battlers and Traders!) Free Pokemon to new members !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I have an experimental set I am running. Steel types MUST be gone completely from the oppossing battlers team for it to work, but if they are, I promise, this rapes people.....

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 HP
Moveset:
-Conversion
-Recover
-Toxic / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
-Psychic / Tri-Attack / Signal Beam

With the mechanics of conversion, it promises to change Porygon2's type every time, albeit, it is at random. Thing is, Pory only has one type weakness....Fighting. With it's incredible bulk after Eviolite, you get a tank, and after what an opponent thinks is a relatively free switch in, they get walled, since their fighting type Poke gets absolutely walled since Conversion removes it's Normal typing on it's first usage.

Moveset must include Conversion and Recover. Otherwise, it's all up to the rest of your team's options as to what else to use in moveslots three and four. I believe Toxic and Psychic are the better options, because Psychic can hit those fighting types hard, and whatever resists, and isn't a Steel type (remember, I said Steels need to be gone before this is attempted), can take quite a bit of residual damage from Toxic (except Starmie and Chansey/Blissey, due to their Natural Cure abilities.

Tri-Attack can be a STAB move without Conversion if needed, and also, Signal Beam, and Shadow Ball also allow for type resistance after Conversion, but they seem to be lesser options, due to Signal Beam's low base power, and Shadow Ball's near identical coverage with Psychic.
looks kind of like a gimic to me... ya this is a way around the fighting types that come to KO you, but what about the rest of the Metagame that the normal P2 set was designed for? No Ice Beam to smack dragon types is never a good thing. Overall you lose A LOT to only gain a little :/