View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: USA Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Therefore, under these provisions, I can detain you as a criminal of war without trial if I suspect you to be a terrorist. To which then you are no longer considered an American citizen, since you are to be dealt with under the law of war. And under these circumstances you are then detained indefinitely. It is written very unclearly and specifically allows for these interpretations to be used.
State legislature and the Federal Court have already addressed the "indefinite detention" clause that was vaguely written in the NDAA bill. States are currently allowed to pass resolutions for the bill and, in addition, the Federal Court is currently awaiting an appeal before they pass a ban on sections 1021 and 1022 of the bill.

So far, I do not see any radical change in government policy concerning terrorism since the Patriot Act. I simply laugh because it reminds me of McCarthy era legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Examples of drone strikes on US citizens:
Anwar al-Awlaki (40)
He is a confirmed US citizen. Even if he IS connected to terrorists, he should have been captured and tried for his actions, not executed via drone strikes without trial.

Abdulrahman Anwar Al-Aulaqi (16)
Son of Anwar, who was in Yemen for obvious reasons. Born in Denver and was obviously an American citizen. He's a freaking kid who doesn't know anything for goodness sake.

Promotion of drone strike usage was in the third debate itself. President Obama has set precedence over this matter with drone strikes on US citizens abroad already. He needs not say any more.
I've watched all three debates, and I've yet to see this "promotion" you speak of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Are you people seriously quoting current law? That's what Obama care will do not what it is currently. People could freaking die waiting to find out what's wrong with them. Thanks Obama m.
"Obamacare" is current law. What's more, why did you ignore my post? Did you not read? As I said, from experience, there are not waiting lists that weren't already there with the completely privatized healthcare systems.