Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Route 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
Official's Post:

Critter seems to be gone. You run down the path until you here a little rattle. You see dark eyes red eyes, and hear a frantic Roggenrola. You scream out. It seems Critter has been abducted by another Pokemon!

A wild HootHoot has captured Critter! Battle it to release Critter, or catch it if you want!
I stared into those baleful red eyes in a brief moment of confusion. Was that where the lights were coming from? Huh. My imagination had led me to far worse possibilities... but I was half-relieved to find that it was just an owl... thing. What was it, again?

The owl locked its talons around Critter and tried to take off with him--but Critter was just a little too heavy for it.

"H-hey!" I finally shouted. "You jerk! Let my rock go!"

"Hoot!" the wild Pokemon shrieked, unperturbed.

I scowled at it, but quickly flicked out my hand in an order, "Freya, teach it some manners!"

The Pidgey flew off my shoulder and flapped towards the foe.

"Gust, now!" I ordered.

Freya started flapping her wings furiously, whipping up a fierce wind that tore at the owl. It was blown backwards, causing it to release Critter. The little rock quickly scurried to my side and hid behind my leg.

The Hoothoot didn't seem to happy with that escape. After recovered its feet, it hooted furiously. Then flew towards Freya with a Peck attack. When the attack landed, Freya let out a painful, frustrated screech. Without waiting for my orders, Freya flapped her wings fiercely once again--but not in a Gust attack. This time, she summoned up a Whirlwind. Before I knew it, the Hoothoot was caught up in a swirling vortex of wind and carried out of sight.

I frowned disappointingly. Well... so much for getting another Pokemon...

Freya flew back to my shoulder, looking rather pleased with herself.

"All right," I sighed. "At least we're back together."

Glancing down at Critter, I scolded, "Don't you ever go off running again!"

The rock kicked its foot abashedly.

"Let's get back to the main road," I said, turning around. And, we did.