View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default USA Presidential Election

The final Presidential Debate has just concluded, and I'd like to know everyone's opinions on it and who you will/would elect as President of the United States.

/begin political rant

Personally, I'm going for Obama. Romney and the Republican party has so many contradictions in their policies and decisions, it's frustrating and not worth it. Romney states, "Because if there's a two-parent family, the chance of poverty goes down dramatically." Though, the Republican Party is against the legalization of gay marriage. >.>

Another issue with the Republican party is the connection of Church to State. This DIRECTLY violates the First Amendment. Everyone has freedom of religion. Connect the church to state, and there goes all religions except the church based religions. Not everyone is the same religion. Again, correlating with gay marriage, not everyone is Christian and against gay marriage. It doesn't even affect you if you're heterosexual and christian. You can by all means distant yourself from the homosexual community, but you should let them be happy and be able to marry. One of the hardest things to do is to convert individuals to a different religion, so might as well not even try. Connecting church to state would put many in outrage.

"A 2012 Pew Research Center survey found that doubts about the existence of a god have grown rapidly among younger Americans, with 68% telling told Pew they never doubt Godís existence, a 15-point drop in just five years. In 2007, 83% of American millennials said they never doubted Godís existence." - Wikipedia

There is a rapid increase of atheism, deism, and agnosticism, especially on the younger generation, the ones being able to vote. The Republican Party, which is mainly based on the Christian religion, is losing voters year by year, which eventually will lead to an insufficient population of the Republican Party.

Another issue I would like to address is birth control and abortion. The Republican Party is against it completely, assuming all Democrats are for abortion. "OMG YOU NEED AN ABORTION YOU HAVEN'T HAD ONE YET I LOVE TO KILL BABIES MEHEHEHEH" No, we're not all like that.

Abortion actions should be based on the free will of the woman choosing the abortion. It IS in fact a FREE country, so if women want to have abortions, then by all means let them. It's their choice, not yours. It's no YOUR baby. Yes yes, we've all heard the argument "OMG WEL SHE SHUDN'T HAV HAD SEX IF SHE WASNT GUNNA KEEP DA BABY AND USE PROTECTION". Fact of the matter is, there is no sure way to avoid pregnancy except total abstinence. Protection fails, that's life. What about the victims of rape? They don't want a baby, it's not her fault she was raped. And those who live in deep poverty, the baby's life would be worse off being born. Some don't even qualify for adoption. Some babies contract terrible diseases while in the womb, and won't even live after birth. You mean you went through all of that pain, suffering, time loss, and spent all that money when the baby was going to die outside the womb anyways? Yes. Yes that is EXACTLY what I mean. You wouldn't want to pay the hospital bill, go through that god-awful pain, or lose all of those hours to child birth-- when the baby is going to die right after birth.

/end political rant

So, what's your opinion? Who are you voting for?