View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
It was a really great day for the gay community when this came through, as Queensland is often seen as a 'backwards' state, quite racist and homophobic (kind of like the stereotypical southern states of the USA, though not as extreme, and based completely on ignorance).
PFAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I found this funny.

I'm sad to say that I live in one of these stereotypical southern states, but trust me, it's based completely on ignorance (and partially on religion). It's to the point that it's infuriating how ignorant people can be. I consider myself pansexual, but a year ago I fell in love with the most amazing girl, and I love her with every little bit of my heart to this very day. Every day I wake up in smile because I'm so glad that she's in my life and that she opened my eyes to what it feels like for me to be truly happy with my life and who I am, and for that I could never thank her enough. We have literally had the least abrasive relationship that I've ever been in. Sure, we're young, but at this rate it's not going to exactly fall apart anytime in the near future (though I know that reality will swoop on in if we get our own place and stress will be inevitable, but until then...). But when I think about it, even if I were to ever get over the heartbreak if we were to split (again, as her mother made her break up with me about seven months ago after finding out that she was dating me, but emotionally we never exactly broke up), I don't think I could ever go back to really dating a guy. Maybe I could if there was just that one guy, but the chances of that are highly unlikely. There's just a freedom in it that I've never had in dating among the opposite sex.

Anyway, I partially understand how you feel in this being a very strong, compassionate issue for you. I hope that some day everyone will get over their ignorance and bigotry, no matter where it is.

Come to Canada with me and we can all have a big gay party. cx <3

Also, Cobalt, I wish there were more people like you in my state. ; w ;
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."