View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

I am a chrstian, but my views on this aren't what people assume a Christians is. Okay, so I disagree with homosexuality, but homosexuals are people. We have differing beliefs in whether love is between a man and woman or whether it is more diverse, but that doesn't make me any better than them or vice versa. I am not to judge.

Romans 3:23 (NIV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Basically that is saying sin is equal. In the eyes of God, me thinking angry thoguths towards a person is as much of a sin as homosexuality.

Matthew 7:3 (NIV)

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

What I am saying is that I don't think any less of a person who is a homosexual. I disagree with their beleifs. me hating a homosexual because of disagreements on beleifs is like me hating a person because they go for a different football team. Heck, one of my best friends is a lesbian. A couple of my christian friends think I should distance myself from her. I tell them I won't. just because I disagree with her sexual orientation, that doesn't mean they are any different to me before they came out of the closet.

In dot point form:
  • Bible says homsexuality is a sin
  • Bible says everyone sins
  • bible says all sins are equal in the eyes of god
  • bible says I should not judge a person for sinning when I am a sinner
  • therefore I won't treat someone who is homosexual any different than i would treat a hetrosexual

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me