View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post

You know, you're the first person I've met that has openly identified as pansexual. Most that I know of say that they're bi or something of the sort. It's great to meet someone who is so open and accepting of it :)

I agree completely with your second paragraph. It just amazes me. If I don't have the same rights and legal protections as all the other citizens then I shouldn't pay the same taxes. The national government has recognised same sex couples in so far as taxes and benefit schemes go (so basically, if you lose your job, and your partner earns over a certain minuscule amount, you are not entitled to any government subsidies or handouts) and they say that this is one of the 'best things they could do for same-sex couples' (meaning we get taxed based off a joint income, generally meaning we get taxed more), however we get none of the legal protection from a federal level that goes along with being a married couple. Makes me so very angry. Screw the 'lucky country' as we like to call ourselves, I'm moving to Canada.
I wonder why most people don't openly admit to being pansexual... Maybe it's because some people think we're godless heathens only interested in pleasure, when pansexuality is so much more than sex... oh well..

I'm honestly surprised that more governments don't just legalize full same sex marriages. The fact that same sex couples can't reproduce should be enough of a good reason. The world's population is far too high, and there are too many children in orphanages who would love two parents of any gender. It would give a needing child a loving family, and keep the global population from growing more... Canada does seem like a nice place to go... Tell you what, you move there, and I'll visit now and then. The Canadian border is only 5 hours from my house by car.