View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase! **PLEASE post! Critique others' work and post your ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
Tanned guy it is! I noticed that he was a bit short too, so I've stretched him out a little and fixed up some of the shading (particularly around his stomach). I'd love to claim credit for the arms, but they're straight from Lt. Surge in FRLG, all I did was recolour them.

I didn't even notice the girl's boot, but now it's really annoying me! I tried changing it but I still couldn't get it to look right, so I decided to swap out all of her legs for other ones (the two on the bottom right below), but now I can't decide if she should have a hair pin or not...

- ND

EDIT: They both look like cheer leaders now... I guess that works for the whole 'evil team' thing though, as the stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully (at least on TV haha).
"stereotypical cheerleader is always the school bully" <That's actually pretty accurate. The cheerleaders in my school were complete b****es...

Anyway, It's a tough choice between hairpin or no hairpin on the girl. Both have their pros and cons.

Without hairpin: Pros: Draws focus to the body and the outfit, Cons: The face almost fades away

With hairpin: Pros: adds a nice accessory that accentuates the outfit, Cons: Could be too much gray on the sprite that the gray/black balance is thrown off

It's surprising what five gray pixels can do...