View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:17 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: PETA vs. Pokemon: Thoughts from the Internet

This is the third article I've seen about this subject. Now I've read some of the posts from the previous ones, I looked at the game, and I have my own thoughts. I understand that there is a lot of mixed emotion about this. But really, is this going to be the focus of topic for the next couple of days? Weeks?

I am all for fair treatment to animals, being a pet owner. But I am a Pokemon fan as well. If anything Pokemon has taught me to take care of my pets for they are my friends, my family. However I do also see the point from the other side of the fence. People catch creatures against their will and force them to fight, I see that, but that's not how I feel. I understand other people's opinion, and we'll leave it at that. I don't want to start some big discussion over this.

The game itself is rather... I'm not sure what to call it. I do not believe it is appropriate for children, though. We were all kids once, were we not? I know if I saw that as a kid I probably would either want to adopt every creature at the nearest pound to give them a good home or never want to own a pet again in fear of accidentally mistreating it and having it attack me. However that is my own opinion, and we are all entitled to our own opinions. Let's not try to force it on others who don't want to share it.

I just wanted to get this off my chest. I don't want to discuss it. I do not believe it was right for PETA to use the Pokemon logo or images of the characters us Pokemon fans know, love, and cherish. But I understand and see what they were trying to do. They are fighting for a good cause, but in my opinion I think they are fighting it the wrong way.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 10-10-2012 at 03:31 AM.