Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four/ Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
At The Capitol/ Training Center

Caroline had just walked out of the changing room when hearing a commotion, seeing that somehow a knife had been thrown at the female tribute from District Seven. Ashley and Jeremy paused at what they were doing as well, the twins looking at Amelia for a moment in confusion before looking back over to Caitlyn. Caroline locked eyes with Ashley then, an act to actually protect each other from harm due to their childhood friendship becoming apparent. Once it seemed like nothing else was going to happen from the situation however Ashley and Jeremy returned to their knots, bringing Caroline to walk over to Kiseki and Ichiru. In the changing room Caroline was able to dry and tie back her hair again, so at least her curls weren't wet.

"Hey." Caroline offered a smile, looking from Kiseki to Ichiru. "My name's Caroline." Caroline's gaze fell back over to Ashley and Jeremy for a few moments, then back to Kiseki. "I'm gonna let you and your brother catch up. I don't want to be a third-wheel for you two. I'll come find you in an hour or so so we can train together." Caroline offered one of her sweet smiles again, looking at both twins before turning and making her way over to Ashley and Jeremy. The two saw Caroline and instantly smiled, standing up and both giving Caroline a tight hug. The three then looked up in the stands where Peeta and Katniss sat, the two smiling as well before turning their attention back to Stefan.

"Isn't that your mentor?" Jeremy asked, seeing that Stefan was talking to Katniss and Peeta.

"Yeah." Caroline responded with a nod. "Your parents are probably just telling Stefan that the three of us are childhood friends so he doesn't get alarmed or something."

"That makes sense." Ashley said with a light chuckle, though Caroline knew what the three where whispering about. The three then sat back down and started working on knot-tying as well as snares, Ashley looking up at Amelia and Michael a few times with a kind smile. Jeremy was in the middle of cutting a piece of wire with a knife when Caroline's arm accidentally bumped into his, causing the knife to slip and sliced his left palm open.

"I'm really sorry Jeremy." Caroline said in shock, his hand pooling with blood.

"It's fine." Jeremy sighed, though he offered Caroline a smile before the three stood up, the small group beginning to walk towards the exit of the training center.

"We should go get that stitched up." Ashley suggested.

"It's fine. I'll just go wash it in the bathroom." Jeremy responded.

"No Jeremy." Caroline shook her head. "I'll go walk him to the infirmary down the hall. Ashley can stay here and keep on training."

"Are you sure?" Ashley asked as she looked at Caroline.

"Yeah it's fine." Caroline nodded. Ashley smiled, nodding as well as she watched the two leave the training center. When Ashley turned around however Peeta was quickly striding towards her, a worried expression on his face. You could hardly notice the limp Peeta had from when he lost his left leg in the 74th Hunger Games, his leg being replaced with an prosthetic limb.

"What happened?" Peeta asked.

"It's fine, dad." Ashley responded. "Jeremy cut his hand so Caroline is just taking him to the infirmary." Peeta nodded, giving his daughter a light kiss on the cheek and then walked back up to the stands. Ashley began to walk back towards the knot-tying station until she saw Matt beginning to walk towards her, Ashley's guard instantly going up.

"Well hello." Matt said with a smirk.

"Hi." Ashley responded, walking away from the station as Matt followed her.

"So, 'The Girl On Fire', don't you just love your little nickname?" Matt teased.

"That's not really my image. I'm not my mother." Ashley said coolly, turning her attention to her parents as they just stared at Ashley in alarm now. Matt followed her gaze, looking at Katniss and Peeta for a few moments before turning his attention back to Ashley.

"Okay then, how does it feel to have your entire family here for the Games? How much did you have to pay the Capitol for that one?" Matt challenged. Ashley stopped walking and looked at him, a glare in her eyes.

"We didn't pay anyone. They were just allowed to come." Ashley responded with a low growl. Matt quickly pinned Ashley against the wall they were next to and looked at her, Peeta instantly rising to his feet. Katniss pulled him back down by his arm however, knowing that Ashley needed to settle this problem on her own; unless things got out of hand, of course.

"Really? So both your parents being mentors had nothing to do with it?" Matt growled back.

"Shouldn't you be a little happier that my parents were able to change Hunger Games history? Two victors are allowed now if both come from the same District thanks to them, so you and your partner have a better chance at winning." Ashley said with a glare.

"But what's the point of that when you and your brother already have a bunch of sponsors waiting at your altar?" Ashley stubbornly looked away when knowing that was probably true, that her and Jeremy probably had a bunch of sponsors all because of their last name alone.

"I didn't ask for that." Ashley looked back up to Matt.

"Whatever. Just so you know though, my partner and I had made you and Jeremy our number one targets to kill. Looks like your little daughter will lose both her parents to these Games." Anger flared up in Ashley from Matt's words as she tried to lunge for him, though he was stronger and kept her in place.

"Don't even mention Aria." Ashley growled, bringing Matt to smile from her reaction.

"I'll see you in the arena." Matt then let Ashley go and walked away, the brunette looking at the male in pure hatred as she tried to gather herself. Her attention fell over to the knife throwing station, needing to release all that rage she felt. Ashley quickly walked over to the station and picked up three throwing knives with one hand, throwing them at the same dummy all at once and watched as the knives pierced the head, heart and stomach in the bulls-eyes, her and Matt locking eyes as Matt smiled. Ashley didn't mean for one of her advanced skills to be revealed as a lot of the tributes were looking at her and the dummy in amazement, though it was too late now.

"Mommy?" Aria's voice filled the training center as Ashley looked around the room in shock, her eyes falling on Aria a few moments later as the training center now fell completely silent.

"Aria?" Ashley's jaw dropped.

"Mommy! There you are!" Aria said in excitement as she ran towards Ashley, the brunette walking towards her daughter and knelt down; she knew all eyes must be on her now but didn't acknowledge it.

"What are you doing here?" Ashley asked. "Where's uncle Kenny?"

"When he went to the bathroom in our room I quickly took the elevator here." Aria responded. The toddler saw that her mother wasn't smiling however, the toddler's face dropping when realizing she was in major trouble from her mother.

"I told you that you had to listen to uncle Kenny and stay in the room. Did I not?" The anger from Matt began to show in both Ashley's voice and eyes, bringing Aria to tear up.

"Yes, but..."

"But nothing. I'm taking you back to the room where you're going to stay there. Do you understand?" The tears in Aria's eyes fell down her cheeks from her mother's tone, Ashley realizing now how angered she must had sounded as she sighed, reaching over and wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"I'm sorry mommy." Aria said.

"No, I'm sorry." Ashley's tone softened to what Aria was used to. "It's just that it's dangerous in here, Pumpkin. If something were to happen to you then I don't know what I'd do. You mean everything to me." Ashley released her daughter and gave her a kiss on her forehead, Kenny quickly bursting into the room and running towards Ashley and Aria.

"I'm so sorry Ashley. I was just in the bathroom for a minute or so and when I came out Aria was gone. Here was the first place I thought to check." Kenny explained.

"It's okay." Ashley said as she looked to Kenny, then back to Aria. "If you insist on being in here then you have to sit next to grandma and grandpa." Aria nodded, bringing Ashley to look up to her parents who gave a nod, the two beginning to walk down from the stands. Ashley stood up straight and held Aria's hand, beginning to guide Aria to Katniss and Peeta as Kenny followed. She tried to ignore the tributes around her, Ashley knowing that all eyes were most likely on her.