View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 03:05 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentures View Post
It most likely will never happen, at least not in the United States.
I disagree with you. People that feel so strongly about not allowing gay marriage will eventually stop voting and become replaced by more open-minded individuals. Homosexual discrimination goes against the principles America was founded on. People are going to, slowly but surely, realize this and begin to feel more comfortable with the idea of equality.

The logic (or lack there of) behind the opinion that gays should be allowed to marry is so easy to poke holes in.
No empirical evidence supports the claim that homosexual marriages will lead to bestiality or pedophilia.
The "institution of marriage," isn't a technical term--it's the self (by self I mean anti-gay)-imposed definition of what a marriage "should be," which is One man and one woman. As far as they're concerned, that statement is fact.
"Marriages are for procreation." Considering there are over 7 billion people on this planet, I doubt we specifically /need/ more. There also isn't any reliable evidence to support the idea that (adopted) children raised by two parents of the same sex is in any way harmful to the child. I go to school with someone who's raised by two women and he's perfectly normal in every way. Of course, that' just another single situation.
Obviously, I'm just preaching to the choir with this post, but meh. :P