Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four
At The Capitol

“Oh, I just remembered. When I was talking with Stefan earlier, he said that something is going to happen this year.” Kiseki responded a few moments later, his cheerful expression breaking off into one of thought. “He said that he can’t talk about it, but that something was definitely going to happen; that we should just stay alive until the time came.”

"What?" Caroline said in confusion.

“I think those papers he had has something to do with it…” Kiseki spoke. “I wish we could somehow get a look, but he doesn’t seem to want anyone to see what’s on them.”

"The papers..." Caroline was lost in thought as well, sitting on the edge of her bed. Caroline knew exactly what papers Kiseki was talking about, but if Stefan were planning something, wouldn't he tell her? A random memory suddenly hit Caroline, it taking place about four months ago.

Caroline was walking home from the ocean, dripping wet with a few fish piled up in a net which she had slung over her left shoulder. As the curly haired blonde walked up to her house and passed an open window she stopped, hearing voices coming from inside the house.

"The time to act is now, Gale." Stefan said in a hushed voice; him, Gale and Gale's wife Rikki stood in the kitchen.

"Are you sure? We don't want to strike too soon and have everything fall apart." Gale responded.

"Now is the perfect time. The Reaping is about four months away, and you lost one child to the Games already. What if Caroline gets picked for the next Hunger Games? Do you really want to risk your last child dying all because you were hesitating about striking?" Stefan said, bringing Caroline to kneel underneath the window in confusion. What on earth were they talking about? She slightly peeked through the window, wondering what was happening.

"Stefan is right, Gale." Rikki said, looking a lot like Caroline. "We can't just wait around any longer. The Districts from Three to Thirteen need to put their plan in motion and start this fight."

"It will take time to put everything together, but in the middle of the next Hunger Games then everything will start if we get started on the schedule right now." Stefan said, pulling out some papers from his pocket and handing them over to Gale. Gale looked them over for a few moments, nodding as he handed them back over to Stefan, who shoved them back into his pocket.

"Fine. I'll go contact Katniss and Peeta so we can get this thing rolling." Gale said with a nod.

"Oh my God..." Caroline said out loud as her mind returned back to the present, looking back to Kiseki in shock. "They're starting another Rebellion." Caroline shot up from the bed, quickly moving passed Kiseki and out of her room. She walked to Stefan's room in quick strides, opening the door without knocking as she saw Stefan laying in his bed watching television.

"Is everything okay?" Stefan asked in shock, sitting up on the bed.

"No, not really." Caroline said with her arms crossed, all of the floors being sound-proof so no one would hear them. "Why did you keep this from me?"

"Keep what?" Stefan asked, obviously confused now.

"The Rebellion!" Caroline yelled. Good thing for sound-proof walls and windows... "Four months ago I heard you talking with my parents about it, though I didn't put the pieces together back then. And now I hear that you told Kiseki that something was going to happen, which these special papers were involved, which let me finally piece together everything! Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Kiseki told you about our conversation?" Stefan sighed, rising up to his feet and walked towards Caroline.

"I didn't tell you because I needed to protect you, Caroline. What if somehow the planning for the Rebellion got out to the Capitol, or to Districts One and Two? They would interrogate you, though you wouldn't know anything, and when they realized that then they would let you go. This is why it's been a secret throughout Districts Three through Thirteen, so you and Kiseki can't tell anyone. Kiseki can't even tell his own brother; not yet." Caroline looked down from Stefan's words, the male placing both hands on her shoulders as she looked back up to him. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone else."

"I promise." Caroline said with a nod.

"I'll tell you this like how I told Kiseki. The two of you just stay alive for as long as you can. During the middle of the Games all of the surviving tributes will be quickly evacuated by hovercrafts. We'll be in and out of the arena in less than fifteen seconds, so the Capitol won't have time to do anything. You and Kiseki just stick together, and try to make an alliance with other tributes as well." Caroline nodded at Stefan's words. "Like I said, don't tell any of the other tributes."

The next morning came as Caroline woke up in her large bed, last night's conversation bouncing around in her head. She couldn't believe that there was going to be another Rebellion, Districts Three through Thirteen going against Districts One, Two and the Capitol. It made perfect sense for Districts One and Two to not be part of the loop simply because they had very good connections with the Capitol, which was why those two Districts were the Career Districts.

Caroline knew she had to get ready for the day however, the curly haired blonde forcing herself out of bed and into the kitchen where she saw Stefan already awake, a cup of coffee in his hands. He took one look at Caroline and chuckled, bringing Caroline to cross her arms and scowl.

"What's so funny?" Caroline asked.

"Your hair looks like it was fighting with the pillow during the night, and the pillow won." Stefan responded. Caroline's cheeks instantly blushed as she hurried into the bathroom and closed the door to take a quick shower, then putting on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt for training. After drying her curls and putting her hair up into a curly ponytail she stepped out of the bathroom, going back into her room so she could put on a pair of socks and black leather boots, the Capitol providing everything that the tributes needed.

"Better now?" Caroline asked as she walked towards the kitchen, Stefan looking back up to her.

"You looked just fine before." Stefan responded.

"But you sai--"

"I was just messing with you." Stefan cut Caroline off, smiling. "You always look beautiful." Caroline sighed, sitting down next to Stefan and filled her plate with all kinds of breakfast foods.

OOC: You guys can go ahead and go into the training session if you want to. I hardly got any sleep last night so I'm just doing Caroline's part and end it here ^^'