Thread: [Other] The Hunger Games [RP]
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve
At The Capitol

Ashley and Aria returned safely to their floor as the two walked into the kitchen, seeing Katniss and Peeta sitting at the large kitchen table with each a glass of milk in hand.

"Well that was fast." Katniss commented as Aria gave out another yawn, the toddler sitting down on a chair at the table.

"She's tired." Ashley said with a small laugh as she gathered Aria's snack, putting the plate of apple slices and peanut butter in front of her along with a warm glass of milk.

"I'm not tired." Aria said stubbornly as she took a bite from one of the slices.

"Sure you aren't." Peeta laughed, giving his granddaughter a kiss on top of her head.

"I talked with another tribute briefly on the roof." Ashley said as she sat down.

"What happened?" Jeremy asked as he walked out of his room and into the kitchen, sitting by his sister.

"Nothing, just small-talk." Ashley responded. "He seemed really nice."

"Don't trust him, Ashley." Peeta said.

"Well it was one of the twins from either District Three or Four, and if it was the tribute from District Four then that means that he's Caroline's partner." Ashley responded.

"Just please be careful." Katniss said. "Remember, we aren't going to decide on allies until your father and I carefully watch how the rest of the tributes act around you." Ashley nodded.

"He just seemed very friendly." Ashley stated.

"Which could be part of his game. It's been known for a tribute to earn another tribute's trust and then turn on them at any time." Peeta reminded.

"I know." Ashley nodded, understanding that her parents were just trying to help her in any way they could.

"You and I have each other, which is the only team we need." Jeremy said, receiving a smile from Ashley. Aria was finished with her snack after a few minutes, giving everyone a goodnight kiss and following Ashley to a large bedroom with a very large bed. Ashley tucked in her daughter and then laid down next to her, looking at Aria with a smile.

"Do you want me to sing you a lullaby?" Ashley asked. Aria nodded, closing her eyes.

"The meadow one." Aria said. This was the same lullaby Katniss used to sing to Ashley, Jeremy and Kenny when they were younger.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray.
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay.
And when it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Here is the place where I love you."

Ashley had an soft, angelic singing voice, the brunette singing the song slow so it took about a little over two minutes to get through. When she was finished Aria had fallen asleep, bringing Ashley to smile as she kissed her daughter on the forehead, turned off the light and shut her own eyes.

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four
At The Capitol

“I, uh… I heard you talking with Stefan just now…” Kiseki responded after a few moments, bringing Caroline to tear her gaze away from him and look down on the bed. Caroline knew she should had kept her thoughts to herself from Stefan, looking back up at Kiseki as they locked eyes. “I’m sorry that you feel that way because of me. I know how it must seem with my brother being in the Games as well, but I want you to know that I would never abandon you in the arena. Even if it did come down to the three of us, I wouldn’t kill you, and I wouldn’t let Ichiru do it either.” Caroline looked at Kiseki in shock as he gave a smile. “You’re my partner. We’re going into the arena together, and we’ll leave it together, too.”

"I can't come between you and your brother though..." Caroline said, standing up from the bed and walking towards Kiseki. "Maybe it won't even come down between the three of us, so I guess I just need to calm down..." Caroline gave a small laugh, standing in front of Kiseki now. The curly haired blonde took Kiseki's hand and gave it a light squeeze, returning his smile. "Thank you for reassuring me that we truly are partners though. With the two of us working together then I'm sure we'll get to go home." Caroline released Kiseki's hand, though the relieved smile was still on her face.