View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Johto: Gold and Silver Voting Poll/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
With Yellow there was a lot of restriction. I also didn't understand the Pokemon choices in each class and why two people couldn't be the same one. When I was looking it over I was thinking of joining with my main Pokemon OC, but with how it was set up that would not have been possible without me having to sacrifice something about her character and the Pokemon I would have liked her to during the progression.

It might have been that there wasn't a lot of RPing that threw me off at first. Seeing one liners is just something that tends to make me turn away. But I understand that in a game like this that is acceptable and I should have been more open-minded. Lastly something I just do not understand is the point system. It's something I have not used before and still confuses me, even when I reread and try to understand.

Perhaps another thing you can do is that if a person would rather start out with two Pokemon instead of getting a shiny, or maybe started with an evolved Pokemon, that could be acceptable. Just a random idea being thrown out.
With the Yellow RP, I plan on taking the feedback form it to re work the next one. Making the trainer classes more open. Really it was experiment, in my mind I tailored it towards a full team having to help each other out. I think If I had created a spot a clause that said, ever trainer class is allowed to pick two pokemon that are not from their class that might have gone over better.

The point system is something I have worked on before, it red and blue I have had people rewrite so it was less confusing. Since its a posting game, you are encouraged to post a lot , which is to your benefit. I wanted to encourage people to post because it would help them out. If there is something about it that I can answer please feel free to ask. I made it up and I change things about it that I find flawed. Latio has been helping too!

I think a shiny or two pokemon could start. I know those people come from red or blue will be able to bring a pokemon with them. So two pokemon might be a good option. Evolved pokemon might not work as well. The early part of the journey you face low level pokemon that require choices, that can either cost you points or cost you to have your pokemon faint. Strong pokemon would throw that off.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List