View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Too Old for Pokemon? :/

I agree with Winter completely. Pokemon is my personal addiction (along with most RPG games), which is a lot better than drugs, alcohol, or some of the ridiculous Facebook games people play and waist money on (I know, I used to be like that until I realized just how much money they really take). I have made the decision that if I should ever raise kids I will raise them on Pokemon. I feel it is a great learning tool as I got older. I didn't realize it at the time, of course. It was just so much fun to play. And I have great friends because of the franchise. I will admit that the anime isn't as great as it used to be, but the games keep getting better and better with story and graphics. It has also, for me, been a great inspiration for my art and writing.

I'm in the same boat as you, Elite Dialga. My father wants me to "grow up" and forget about Pokemon and cartoons. But I simply can't. Some of my friends may have grown out of it, but I still have everyone on here and two RL friends who all love it. And we're all supposedly "too old" for Pokemon. There is no age limit on it. My grandmother supported me in it when my father started to say I was getting to old, and I'm sure that given the chance she'd still watch the show with me (we live in different states now). And I see no harm in it like some of the games I'm seeing parents let their young children play, like Halo and Call of Duty. And I'm seeing how it is affecting the child. It a lot different than when I was their age (making myself feel old again). When I was in elementary school we were trading the cards in between classes. It changed as I changed schools and went up in grades. Luckily in high school I found some people I became friends with that still liked the games and we could play together, trading and battling. Now it seems like first-person shooters and zombie games are taking over, which is a sad thing.

I really didn't mean to go off like that, but when I started typing I couldn't stop. As I said, I don't think there is an age limit to Pokemon and I see many benefits coming from it. I will never give it up since it's been a major part of my creative life, and I don't plan on losing that. If something makes you happy and isn't bad for you, why give it up?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~