View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Latio-Nytro Vs Grassy Aggron

“Ugh, why do I even bother with this job anymore?” I mumbled quietly, reaching for a Pokeball on my belt. It was 8:20 AM and I was already being sent out to ref. The worst part is that they had picked the farthest possible location from the Referee Headquarters, totally outside the city in some obscure area near the water.

“Great. Just great,” I said, pressing the center button on the capsule. A large owl gracefully popped out, cooing softly as she adjusted to the light. Nanta the Noctowl stood at over 5 feet tall; hopefully she was well-rested enough to bring me there with no stops.

“Looks like we’re going to a place called Crystal Cove. Never heard of it, but they gave us some instructions. Let’s go!” I jumped onto her back as she spread her dark brown wings, lifting us over the skyscrapers of the city.

One mind-numbing hour later, we touched down on a strange looking beach. It seemed to be completely deserted, minus a docked ship and two very impatient looking trainers. They both seemed to be tapping their feet as they wandered around in cyan blue sand. It seemed to be a little child’s dream; everything from the sand to the sky was some variant of blue.

“Maybe this won’t be that bad,” I thought to myself, getting off the Pokemon as I addressed the two trainers. They greeted me promptly, then showed me where we were going to be battling.

“Are you people insane!? You want to battle there?” I asked, confused as to why anyone would enjoy being precariously perched over deep waters. I had been told that no human had ever stepped here before, but that really didn’t help my inner feelings of doubt. What if they weren’t stable? What if there was something in the water?

“Whatever, I just hope those crystals aren’t too slippery. Are you guys ready?” I asked, pulling the slightly bent flags from my back pocket. They both nodded, then turned to face each other. Two Pokeballs were quickly thrown into the air, and I watched with fascination as their respective creatures came out. The match-up was pretty well balanced; a little blue crocodile and a green mushroom. Neither of them were elite Pokemon, but they’d put up a darn good fight against each other.

“Let the battle begin!”

Round One

Latio-Nytro

[Captain Crunch]Totodile (M)
Ability: Torrent
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Swords Dance~Swords Dance
Mood: Ready to rumble!

Grassy Aggron

[Toxic Boom]Shroomish (M)
Ability: Poison Heal
Energy: 100%

Moves: Charm/Substitute@1%/Growth ~ Toxic(on self)/Charm/Leech Seed/Growth
Mood: Immagoingtopunchyouinthefacewithoutarms!

Captain Crunch moved first, swishing his spiky tail on the smooth crystal as he prepared to carry out his orders. He felt the beat of a war drum that was the pounding of his heart. The sound reverberated through his reptilian body as he began to perform a strange dance, the tiny claws on his arms growing larger as he went. A blue aura not unlike the color of the crystals began forming around his now deadly fingers. Any attack coming from this Pokemon would definitely be packing a punch.
[Totodile -3% Energy, +2 ATK]

Toxic Boom was not very impressed by his opponent’s first action. “That’s it? That’s your move? This is going to be easy,” he thought cheerfully. His eyes grew wide as he looked at Captain Crunch, knowing he had caught the bigger Pokemon’s attention. The Shroomish hopped around cutely as his opponent watched helplessly, completely hypnotized by the sight before him. The light around his claws disappeared as his heightened senses began to fade, returning to his normal state. A huge grin appeared on Toxic Boom’s face; this guy was eating out of his hands.
[Shroomish -3% Energy, Totodile -2 ATK]

Captain Crunch shook his head as he heard something from his trainer, quickly realizing what was going on. That fiend had tried to distract him! He swore it would never happen again as he began to concentrate, hearing the familiar rhythm of his heart. He returned to his heightened state with ease, the familiar glow returning to his long scythe-like claws. This time, it would stay that way. It had to.
[Totodile -3% Energy, +2 ATK]

If Toxic Boom had hands, he would have been rubbing them with maniacal laughter. He and his trainer both knew that he was impervious to the poisonous goo that came from his spore; it even made him feel better. This move would both throw Captain Crunch off guard as well as provide him with constant health. It was the perfect plan. The mushroom Pokemon closed his eyes, focusing the toxins within his body towards the opening on the top of his head. With a grunt, he forced the glob of dark purple liquid straight up into the air. It landed on him in a thick rain, coating both Toxic Boom as well as the crystal around him. His body immediately began soaking the liquid back up, sending him waves of relief.
[Shroomish -6% Energy, TXC]

End of Round One

Latio-Nytro

[Captain Crunch]Totodile (M)
Ability: Torrent
Energy: 94%
Mood: Very confused. (ATK+2)

Grassy Aggron

[Toxic Boom]Shroomish (M)
Ability: Poison Heal
Energy: 91%
Mood: This is too easy!~ (TXC)

Referee Notes
I really don’t know. I was feeling literate. Sue me.

Latio-Nytro, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 08-09-2012 at 02:20 PM.