View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: A formulation of a new language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
I'm not a Stargate fan (hell, I don't even know what Stargate is), but based on this Vocabulary I could probably come up with quite a few more words:
Sounds great! Thanks for your help! :D

Spoiler:
It is Starcraft, not Stargate, silly goose. xD

Though I suppose all the "Star" prefixes are kind of confusing. xD

Quote:
Khalys :: Literally, Bringer of Wisdom; really, teacher ("Kha" has been used to mean Path, Bringer or Focuser, all of which have some relation to bringing something from one place to another, "Alys" has been used to mean wisdom)
The goal of the Protoss religion called "Khala" is to ascend the path of the "light", so perhaps it is a priest or religious official or priest? Interestingly enough, the Protoss religion worships sentient beings.

Quote:
Kharil :: He who gives Sanctuary (We have accepted "Kha" as Bringer, and "Alys" as wisdom; if Alys'aril means "Sanctuary of wisdom" "'aril" would mean Sanctuary. The word would be "Kha'aril", but to ease pronounciation (I think; I don't know how the apostrophe is pronounced), it has been simplified to "Kharil".)
If you check out the voicing thread, I posted a few quotes from the game, and how they pronounced some of the words.

Quote:
Can't think of anything else right now.
It is all good, no rush.

Here is a quick 5 minute summary of the Starcraft canon story so far. It might explain a few things.

Starcraft II: The Story so Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
You could always throw in some Esperanto words here and there.
Not too many people know Esperanto, so incorporating a real language into it would be pretty cool.

Saluton, mia nomo estas mintjelly, kaj tiu estas ekzemplo de frazo en esperanto.
Perhaps. Maybe if I edit the words a little.