View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh
Default Re: Christian Feminists? Oh, the irony.

Just saying, these are all out of context. The first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 3:17-19
To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”
Adam got punished severely too. Have you ever tried farming? Especially without technology?

Leviticus had lots of laws regarding cleanliness (not just confined to women... men had a lot to follow too, many also regarding their own bodily functions). The main thing to remember is this is in regard to the Levites (aka God's high priests).

The verse in Job? Where the frell else would a person come from? It's poetic license.

The 1 Peter verses? I like how you conveniently skipped 1 Peter 3:4 (I actually had the basis of this inscribed on a bracelet for my girlfriend)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Peter 3:4
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
Further more, all the rest are in regards to Church settings back when women still remained uneducated. The reason for wanting them to be quiet? Men and women were seated on opposite sides of the room to each other. If a woman had a question to ask her husband, she'd have to shout it across the room.

All of the NT verses you picked were actually written for specific European Churches. Many of them had a skewed view of their teachings from their previous entanglements from other religions (mostly Greek and Pagan). These letters were written to them as a way of encouraging and keeping them on the right track.

It's funny how you instruct Christians not to pick and choose what to follow, but you're allowed to pick and choose things out of context...

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG