07-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
[GAME] Word Switch
Welcome to Word Switch! Have a large vocabulary, or want to learn some new words? This is the place to be!
Aim of the game:
The aim of the game is simple. At the beginning of the game, a word will be given. Using the following instructions, change the word to any word you wish. You must also give its definition. The next person to post must create a new word and also post that word's definition.
- Take the word from the post above you. You may do one of the following:
- Change one letter anywhere in the word.
- Add one letter anywhere in the word.
- Remove one letter anywhere in the word.
- Change the position of any of the letters in the word.
- After you have formed a new word, please include its definition.
- Upon each post, members must take the word from the post above them and change them using the instructions above.
- Include a definition with your word. This can be found on many dictionary websites, Google (using the 'define: "word"' search or a dictionary if you own one).
- All words should come from the English language. We are an English speaking forum, please do not use foreign words.
- All questions should be PM'd or VM'd to me.
- If this thread has not been posted in for a week, a new word will be given and the game will restart.
- No words from the same page can be repeated.
- Profanity or curse words are banned and will not be tolerated.
Originally Posted by Starting Post
Definition: Each of the four slender jointed parts attached to either hand (or five if the thumb is included).
Originally Posted by Poster 2
Finger -> Singer
Definition: A person who sings, especially professionally.
There are more exciting words than the ones I used in the examples; let's get creative! :P
Originally Posted by Poster 3
Singer -> Singe
Definition: To burn something superficially or lightly.
All ready? Let's begin!:
Definition: the possibility of suffering harm or injury.
Last edited by Etymology; 07-27-2012 at 12:12 PM.