Thread: [Other] Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

[[OOC: This post long overdue, and I apologize for that. here it is though, with the second part being pretty much a recap of everything said and done at the inn since Amber and Corbin joined the conversation.]]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)

"Always desire to learn something useful."

"Let's start looking for a good place to camp for the night. We can make it to Oakwood tomorrow afternoon if we start early in the morning," the hunter replied after noting the sun's position herself.

Aldur looked around and noticed one of the milestones that were scattered along the road, telling travelers the distance to their destination. "If I'm not mistaken, there should be a small copse of trees not too far from here, a short distance east of the road. If I'm right, it should be visible the next time we reach a hill." He told the hunter, and quickened his own pace to catch up with Mellony and Celestine.

----------

"It is nice to just worry about the here and now, but if that's all we can focus on then we have nothing to look forward to. And we learn from our past as well. Instinct is one thing, but in my opinion having a soul is much more. Wolves don't normally have their own identity, only their rank in the pack. Are you really willing to let go of your humanity, the thing that makes you unique, to become an animal?" The direwolf replied, this time in his native tongue to that the others didn't hear their conversation. And with that he sprinted forward.

Ailith didn't follow immediately, thinking over what she had been told. Yet another thing that would inevitably gnaw on her mind she realized, though that she didn't mind, for there were wisdom in those words, and for the first time in a long while, she didn't feel discouraged at the thought of turning back to her human self. She then increased her pace, catching up with the other canine.

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus[NPC]), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)

"Wise is one who can clearly see the shortcomings of others,
Wiser still the one who dare admit to the shortcomings of one self."

Before Naomi could reply, Darios noticed the two mages walking towards the bar, and once more he had to fight back the urge to draw his blades.

“Madame Naomi,” The man begun, “I have not yet had opportunity to introduce myself; I am Corbin Smythe. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am in response to your actions. I suspect you saw my little note?” Turning towards Agana he continued, “Lady Agana. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive my earlier rashness. I have absolutely no desire to bring harm upon you or yours. I acted against what, I feel, is my own better judgment. I assure you I will not behave so again.”

Agana nodded, her expression showing that she understood. "You are forgiven," she said. "And I do hope that you can forgive me as well. My reaction was also in part of protecting Alexa. She is still too young to understand everything going on and does not deserve the punishment that us adults would or should get for our actions. I could easily start my business up again if I were to get caught and served out my punishments, but that is something an innocent should not have to endure."

You have nothing to be forgiven for." Was all Darios thought as he heard Agana's response, but he decided to stay quiet. Much to his dismay however, the round of apologies had come to his turn.

“I apologize for the danger I placed you, all of you, in by my actions. The only explanation I can offer is that I was commissioned to do so by someone I am led to believe is older and wiser than myself. However, after this little misadventure, my opinion in that matter has wavered slightly. I harbor no ill feelings towards you, though of course I understand completely if you continue to feel contrary feelings towards myself.”

Darios, though not as filled with rage any more, merely nodded. It would take much more than words to make up for the show he had put on earlier.

After a quick glance at the group now assembled, Corbin continued his little speech. “Normally this would be the point that I would suggest we retire for the evening and allow the events of the day to take hold in our minds as we rest for the morrow, but I worry that such a luxury is not one available to us at present." Turning again to the knight, “Madame Naomi, I am likewise intrigued by your forbearance in this situation. Why is it that you have not only allowed, but aided us, when it would seem your station and duty are to do the exact opposite?"

Before Naomi could say anything, however, Agana called over one of her servers. She was then asked to take Alexa, now asleep, back upstairs to her personal quarters. After she picked up the young girl, Agana also informed her that the tavern would be closed early and to let the other employees know that they could finish up whatever they were doing and could return home. Once the room was empty of everyone but the mages and the captain, Naomi gave the owner a nod and spoke.

"I know the good mages can do," she started off. "But I have also seen the side that makes the public fear them. However, I do not believe that the actions of a few should affect the whole of the people. I do not agree with what they are doing to you mages. I do not take part in the arrests or relocation of those with the gift of magic. Or at least those who do not deserve it."

"There will always be those who use their powers for selfish reasons, and I agree with those mages being arrested and having their powers leashed," Agana pointed out.

"But remember, my friend, that it was some of those mages centuries ago that created my race," the captain added. "My species was created through the use of blood magic. We are not natural shifters, nor are we like lycans. I don't know how much you have heard of the Garou other than we are wolf shifters. But I assure you that you do know know the whole truth."

Not for a moment did Darios doubt those words, though he made a mental note to continue discussing the topic with the guard later if she were willing to talk about it, Darios was ever curious about things he knew little about.

"Did you know that there was a time when blood magic was legal?" Agana then asked, and after a moment she continued. "That's when I became a blood mage, because I wanted the thrill of it. But that was also the time when blood mages started communing with demons instead of just using the raw power that was in their blood. It was some of these mages that created some of the first shifters. And back then they could not return to human form and were completely feral. Over time they could change form, but still had to be collared and controlled."

"If they want a history lesson, I can give it to them at a later date," Naomi then said, a small growl in her voice. "We got off track." She then turned back to the other mages, her voice now back to it's calm and collected tone. "I aid mages instead of turning them in because the balance of this world will shift if we try to eliminate magic. I may be Captian of the Royal Guard now, but I wasn't always. I worked my way up from the Underground, and I did so because I wanted to be put in a position that I could try to make things right. I'm working form the inside, and there are more supporters than you think in nobility and royal families. However, since those in charge of the land do now share these views and thing we can improve our lives by trying to rid the world of magic they are afraid of publicly aiding your kind."

“Which brings us back to what began this discussion,” Corbin began anew.

“We can change things. We need for this nation to be united in order to face the storm ahead. In order for that to happen, however, Mages need to be put on more equal footing. That’s the reason for any ‘rebellion’ I may talk of. It isn’t because we want to rule normal people; we just cannot help anyone when we have to spend all our energies keeping ourselves from imprisonment.

“I, however, am far too young and inexperienced to lead Mages in an endeavor such as this. I view my position in all this as something more closely resembling ‘Mascot’ than ‘Leader.’"

More likely the Jester, Darios thought, but yet again held his tongue.

“I know that the two most effective means of uniting people with differences are common loves, and common hates.

“With all that the future promises to contain, I know that soon the world will have many common hates, but I believe I have the ability to offer something common to love among the Mages and the non-magical population. The games are coming up, as I know you all are well aware. It is why most of us are here. I intend to enter and win. However, I plan on winning not only the competition, but the hearts of the people as well.

“I know I cannot win over many of the nobility this way, but I can at least win over enough commoners to make openly supporting Mages fashionable for the nobility to do. If nothing else, the nobility already sympathetic to us will no longer be required to work in the shadows in order to do so.”

Corbin paused for a moment, “So,” he finally concluded his speech, “Crazy, or not?”

Since Darios had been quiet until now, he decided to voice his opinion before anyone else could reply. "I think that you are, beyond a doubt, utterly insane. If you can manage to pull this off without starting a full-scale war however, I can see the benefits. And if there is indeed a storm on the way, unity is much preferred over the current situation."

With those words, Darios fell silent once more, curiously eyeing Naomi, trying to discern her reaction to the discussion.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.