View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Homosexuality Ethically Accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
I meant about them getting around to it now, not way back when. The U.S is actually slow on a lot of things, Heathcare for one, but that's a discussion for another time.

Also, you have to ask yourself; what IS ethical by definition? Well, for me, it's more of a recommendation of what is right and wrong. As a society(in some places/some people), we find homosexuality unethical because of our past, when it wasn't accepted at all. Same goes for gender norms, as bronies wouldn't be accepted in the past either, and would be far from ethical.

Society. Sucks.

I'm posting this because this is an interesting topic, and really needs to be debated more.
The question of what is "right" and "wrong" for a society can be answered in a scientific fashion.

The U.S is disgraceful in their ethical progress. And, the more I think about it, the more the previous posters are correct. The U.S, UK, and Turkey are the most religious nations in the western world, and are one of the few that have not federally legalized it.

The funny thing is that when anything ethically progressive is suggested, the religious right is the first to express their "concern". Contraceptives being made apart of medical care is a perfect and recent example. I am so sorry that the religious right cannot escape the 16th century, but people are going to have sex whether they like it or not so it is best to prevent STDs from killing us off.

Why can't religion simply stick to itself? Power-hungry mofos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Maybe the problem here is you're not comparing it to other countries that have a high population of religious extremist.
Israel is widely known for their zealots, and yet gay marriage is recognized there.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-28-2012 at 07:26 PM.