View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [AI][RP]Perfectworld Phase One

OOC: Okay, now I'm mad. Freakin' page refreshed itself and I lost everything I was working on...

Skylar "Sky" Boschtallen, Shenz, and Anna Atoli
Testing Area-SOAR HQ

They all seemed to come out right next to each other, at almost the same time. Sky spotted Shenz first this time, however, and was tackling him out of relief the moment she could get to him. A similar scene played out between Anna and Hook, the Krookodile stomping over to his still shivering trainer and searching her over, looking her over and sniffing her as though to make sure no harm had come to the girl before fretting over her coldness. This was solved by the Krookodile blowing hot, dry puffs of air on her from, awkwardly enough, his nose, while Sara rambled on about rooms and things like that. Anna listened with a fairly blank face, noting the idiotic reactions of some--such as the one swinging around a rapier that trailed rainbows and the one who burst out when Sara said they didn't have much housing and then claimed it was a joke. It wasn't very funny to her.

Sky and Shenz clung together as they listened, not wanting to be separated again. For Shenz, it was the memories of what had happened when "testing" was announced in their cell block--more than one often didn't come back. For Sky it was the unconscious fear of being alone in a place as large and white-walled as this, as well as the faintly-remembered connection between herself and the Luxray in human form. When room arrangements were announced, the pair just looked at each other and nodded, as though a decision had been made between them--and it had. They would most likely be found curled up on the floor together in whichever room they ended up in, her using him, in Luxray form, like a pillow. It had been that way for a long time, both felt. And then came the mention of drugs, which brought another, rather loud snarl from Shenz and a grimace from Sky at faint memories of blurry vision and voices heard as though through water. When Sara finally dismissed them, Anna left wordlessly, first thinking to pick out a room, to see what they were like and maybe rest, but the moment she was there, she picked up a kind of card that looked like it might be important and headed towards the rec room she had seen on the map to find another already there.

"What sorcery is this?" the strange-looking girl asked as Anna breezed past her with Hook in tow, heading to one of the couches. The girl glanced back and shook her head.

"Not sorcery." The girl's soft voice sounded faintly amused. "Technology."

Meanwhile, Sky and Shenz didn't get much further than out the door and into the hall, where Sky promptly locked up. "I know, Sky, I know..." Shenz sighed, patting the girl's shoulder gently. "This isn't there, though."

"How do we know that? It sure seems like it so far, from what I can remember," Sky countered sharply, Shenz sighed.

"No kids, not enough people trying to stab you with needles, no real taunting..." He could have continued the list for quite awhile, but Sky was shaking her head. It seemed they would be stuck there for awhile. "Well, look on the bright side--these aren't as narrow."

???
Testing Area-SOAR HQ

The pair walked in once many of the others had left, and approached Sara quickly. The one leading looked rather unhappy, walk somewhere between a walk and a jog, really,that set her mass of red curls bouncing against her shoulders. The anger in her eyes was hidden by a pair of what looked like wraparound sunglasses, but was really a computer screen. About halfway to Sarah, she practically ripped them off her face and hung them from the rounded collar of her black t-shirt before stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jeans. Following quickly behind her was a young woman a few inches taller than her, long blonde hair flowing behind her as she scurried to catch up. "Why did you let her go?" the redhead asked Sara angrily, the blonde cringed.

"Miss Ashley, I do not believe--" she started, but she was silenced when the redhead turned her head and glanced back at her, as though something had gone between the two.

"She wasn't supposed to be in the system--she slips through the cracks and you let her go?!" the woman hissed. "That's the last time I take five minutes to finish up my current project before getting back to you on something!" she snapped, removing a hand from her pocket to facepalm. Behind her, the blonde tilted her head and sighed.

"It seems you've really gotten her up in arms this time, Miss Sara," she said, frowning at the silver-haired woman.

OOC: And enter, Ashley Vanden and Doll! Max, if you've got any issues with their part of the post, lemme know.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net