View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default [WAR XI] Sprite Art

Welcome!

[Insert obligatory banner here]

This is INDEED the sprite art war thread, but I'm evidently running a little behind.

So down to the nitty gritty, because I would like to take up as little time as possible.

Basically this, accept the challenge of the week, and award your team with points. I will reveal the challenges every Sunday at times which I am able to.

Check the WAR XI Main Thread and Rules.

The eight teams include:

Guardian Units of Nations (G.U.N.)
Team Obscurity
The Not-So-Super Friends
Revolution Uprising
Park Lords
Awesome!
The Eggman Empire

--

Submit your entries to this thread, with THIS form:
Name:
WAR Team:
Submission:
Link to submission:

I will be dishing out my points like so:

1st place: 3 points
2nd place: 2 points
3rd place: 1 point

If there is no 3rd entry it is a tie, both participants get 3 points.

If there is no 3rd or 2nd entry, 1st place gets 6 points.
Spoiler:

If there is a tie for 1st place, each person will get 2 points, and 2nd place will get 1 point. There will be no 3rd place.

If there is a tie for 2nd, 1st place will get 2 points, as well as the 2 who placed 2nd, there will be no 3rd place.

If there is a tie for 3rd place, 1st and 2nd place will receive 2 points, and the tied 3rd place contestants will get 1 point each.

If there is a 3 way tie for 1st place, everyone will get 2 points. There will be no 2nd or 3rd place.

If there is a 3 way tie for 2nd place, 1st place will get 3 points, everyone in 2nd will get 1, and there will be no 3rd place.

If there is a 3 way tie for 3rd place, 1st place will get 2 points, and everyone else will obtain 1 points. An unfortunate downfall to being 2nd place in this situation, but I did consider you better, you can take that much with you.

If there is a tie greater than that, I will hang myself.

My rules are as follows:
- No plagiarism (Stealing someones art and claiming it as your own is no feat I want seen in my war thread)
- No flaming (Insulting another person's sprite art is my job, not yours)
- No reusing old sprites (Sprites used from a previous war, or other projects are prohibited, it must be new and original to you)
- No spamming (No chatting it up on my thread, keep it professional)
- No Pe2k Rule breaking (keep it fun for everyone)
On a side note: you can only submit one sprite per week, unless the contest states otherwise. However, you may change it freely before the deadline at the end of the week.

--

I will be judging based on these qualities:
Neatness: /10
Originality: /10
Outlines: /10
Shading: /10
Relevance: /10
I want to point out Outlines, because you be like, WHY?! and I be like BECAUSE PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT THE LINES AND IT DESTROYS QUALITY!!

So yeah, there's that. Enjoy this year's Sprite Art war. I know I will.

Now keep it clean and keep it fun.

--

WEEK 1
June 24th - June 30th
Theme:

Recolor
---
Simple, find any sprite, change the colors of it, be sure to include the original image with it, so I can notice the differences. Best recolor wins.
--

WEEK 2
July 1st – July 6th
Theme: TBA

WEEK 3
July 8th – July 13th

WEEK 4
July 15th - July 20th

WEEK 5
JULY 22nd – July 27th

--

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 06-30-2012 at 04:46 PM.