View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
VGBM Offline

Default Re: Through the Eyes of a Flareon ~ [PG] - Book Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

XDD Well that was a massive fail on my part. But oh well. xD Ooh, right! Well I sorta was too, and it's easy to get like that when you post your first story. But mostly, especially on this forum, people are very friendly and constructive, and will help you rather than beat you down. And don't worry--there are few chaptered stories that have actually been finished on this site, I'm pretty sure. I definitely plan to finish this story, but not just for my readers as such, but because I love it as I do all my stories and it's made me happy for a long time now. Well, writing it. Obviously the readers are a large part, but make sure you're not just doing it for them.

What I mean is, even if you feel obligated to finish it, feel obligated to yourself, not to others. Then you will want to finish it and you'll have the right motivation! Of course, like I said, readers are fantastic and keep you going for a long time, but it's that balance between writer and reader that makes a story, I reckon. :] In terms of where to start, you just post a thread, really. xD The button's in two places I think, so it shouldn't be hard to find them.

If you're still too nervous, you could always show it to some friends first and see what they think or if you don't have many who like pokemon and would be willing to read your story/who you would want to show it to, you could PM a Creative Writing mod and show them instead. *coughMEcough* c: You could always write a little story for the Canalave Library, which is stickied in this section. ^^ It's a fun little project meant to be for recreation and making up fun stories based on the origin of a pokemon's details, such as their tails or their pattern or something. It's also meant to be in a more simplistic writing style, so that takes a lot of pressure off the overall quality, even if the quality should still be there, obviously. xD

Just curiously, how did you find this story? O:

~GS.
Thanks a lot for that, although I'm not too worried. I'm sure I'll be fine once I stop procrastinating. It doesn't help, though, that my computer died last December and I have to do everything on my iPod (it's either that or constantly borrow my dad's Windowsaurus Rex that I'm pretty sure is older than me). Also, I know I will want to finish it, I'm just not sure if I'll be able to when school comes back.

It's funny you should mention the Canalve Library, cause that thread's the whole reason I started an account here. Unfortunately, I never finished the story I was writing for it and don't know if I ever will. (Not for the same reasons as the fanfic though, just writer's block.) But if you think it'll help, then I'll try to get back on that.

As to answer your question, I have the fandom section of this site bookmarked (mostly for the web comics) and this story showed up on it (as well as the Canalave Library before) and I thought it looked interesting enough and decided to check it out.