View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [AI][RP]Perfectworld Phase One

(OOC: It's a free-run, so I assume that it's alright if I go ahead and post?)

Aarilyn & Windflower
SOAR HQ

With the testing complete, Aarilyn found herself walking down a rather bland passageway to some unknown destination. Her paws kept twitching towards her shells, anxious for some action. The test had been interesting enough, but she was glad it was over. Now, she wanted answers. Why the heck was she here, exactly? How could she get her memories back?

Finally, she emerged into a wide, cavernous room where the other recruits were slowly spilling in. She regarded the humans and half-humans with a distasteful scowl, but immediately zeroed in on the source of all her problems. Sarah. She sat in a chair sipping wine as if she didn’t have a care in the world. That in and of itself was disgusting, but the thing that really irked Aarilyn was the fact that a Flareon was chained to her chair like a prisoner.

If that was how this freak treated Pokemon… then she and Aarilyn were really going to have some problems.

The silver-haired-crazy-woman stood as the recruits approached. For some reason, a podium was set up in this room, and the woman approached it like she was the President of the United States. Whatever that was.

"We've assessed your performance in your own test chamber, and we have results. You all did great,” she addressed them from her high-horse. “Except for...you.” Her eyes shot towards one of the half-humans with mild irritation. “You failed and passed at the same time. I would say that was awesome of you, but to be frank, we just threw a random test at you. You don't have many memories to begin with."

A crooked smile crossed Aarilyn’s face as she glanced towards the scyther-bladed hybrid, gaining new respect for her (at least). Heck, anyone who gave these SOAR folks some trouble was praiseworthy in her book. She appreciated that there was still a little rebellion in these recruits—they could show Sarah that they weren’t completely willing to submit to her wild whims.

The ‘President’ continued her little speech, announcing, "Now, the rest of you, you have the remainder of the day to yourself. There's a map behind you. And training is that a way, straight ahead. As for accommodations, you're going to be sleeping on the floor, sadly we don't have much housing here."

The silver-haired woman burst out laughing at some inside-joke, Donny Osmond-style. Yet Aarilyn failed to see any humor in that. With her arms still crossed, the Dewott cocked an unamused eyebrow at the leader of SOAR, even while one of the ditzier recruits laughed along with Sarah. Windflower, however, cocked her head, rather confused. What was so funny about sleeping on the floor? She did it all the time…

At any rate, Sarah continued, ensuring them that there was actually plenty of housing, then gave them the time of the day. When she concluded, she stared at the recruits expectantly. "That means go. As in, get out. Scram. Buzz off. Get the hell out. Oh yeah, if you want to try and harm me, I would advise against trying. You know, force-fields and the sort.”

Aarilyn snorted. As much as she would take pleasure in an attempt at Sarah’s life, she knew that the strange woman was the only link she had to her memories. No, she needed something from her, and apparently, the woman needed something from them. As long as she didn’t prove to be a total nutcase, Aarilyn would go along with this. Whatever this was.

But she hoped Sarah realized something. She did not own her. Not in anyway.

Aarilyn watched as the silver-haired woman released the Flareon, then decided to follow it. She wasn’t sure if she could confront Sarah right now without strangling the woman, but perhaps she could get answers from this Flareon—she seemed to know Sarah. But how?

“Hey, Flareon,” Aarilyn called out to her as soon as they were out of Sarah’s range of hearing. “Give me the lowdown here—is that human insane, or what? What have I signed up for?”

Meanwhile, Windflower was taking her sweet time exploring her unusual surrounds with wide eyes. Everything felt surreal—sharp, clean, and unnatural. The walls were as white as snow, yet without impurity or coldness. Her talon-feet sank into the plush gray carpet, feeling soft but so aberrant compared to grass. She felt rather out of place in this strange, sterile surrounding. She had to wonder if she had crossed over into some strange sector within the Spirit World.

And then she walked into the Rec room. Her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets as she beheld the arcade games, tv, and other such atrocities within the room, flashing lights and pining with obnoxious cries. Instincts told her to run away from such bizarre artifacts, but her curiosity was stronger than all other impulses. She warily approached one of the arcade games, using her tomahawk to prod an analog stick cautiously.

“What sorcery is this?” she wondered out loud, not knowing whether or not anyone would hear or respond.

(OOC: YES!! The moment i've been waiting for... Windflower meeting technology for the first time! :O)