Thread: [Other] Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

OOC: Sorry it's taken me so long; I've been uncharacteristically exhausted this week and haven't been up to much creativity.

Corbin
Streets of Skyspire
RPers involved:
CM [Agana, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)]; Eternal Moonlight (Amber)
Although he had spent only a few hours in the city, Corbin had decided Skyspire was probably the easiest place to hide a mage that he had ever seen.

Rather than constrict him, he felt liberated by the crowds of people walking the streets, the bustle of merchants hoping to improve their fortune with the influx of traffic the city saw as a result of the games. Although he hadn’t come up with the idea on his own, he would probably have made his way to the city eventually from the simple thrill the competition offered. However, as Feng was constantly reminding him, he came here with a greater purpose. Corbin didn’t plan to let that keep him from entering and, probably, winning this years games.

His mind contemplated the recent turn of events: Normal people were trying to gather the entire race of magus into one location, hide them away, to imprison them. The sheer audacity of the idea still made him smile, though it was hardly new to him anymore. He hadn’t yet bothered to make the trip to the renowned Midland Fortress and witness the sight with his own eyes, and he had a difficult time believing that any normal person could keep even a single determined magus held against their wishes for any length of time.

Of course, that’s not the way the capitol would be portraying their captivity. Likely they would be willing to tell any story other than the truth about what was going on at Midland. Corbin just shook his head, still smiling. He would be incredibly amused if someone attempted to keep HIM locked up in their musty museum for even a few weeks.

He made his way through the streets of the capitol city with confidence. He kept himself at only three quarters strength and was saving a tenth of his health and speed. He did this even though it left him looking thin, tired, and in a hurry. He wanted to be certain he had plenty of extra for when the games happened, just in case.

As he walked, he went over the information he’d gathered from the guards to the city. The best inn would probably be one run by a woman called Agana. Apparently she was something of a rising star in the hospitality business, which meant there would be a great deal of both people and information passing through the doors of her largest tavern.

Corbin was interested in both, though especially people who might be guardians, or information on them. Feng had been pretty vague about how he would discern who was among the privileged group of people accompanied by his other immortal acquaintances, but Corbin had been informed that when he met someone, he would know. And what better place was there to look for a person than the largest city in the world?

As he walked down the street, he saw an inn and moved toward it, pulling a little extra eyesight from his Feruchemy stores to read the sign. “Lily’s Inn” it read. Not Agana’s. He was about to turn away and continue his search when he noticed the flaming red hair of the woman. He quickly noted the rest of her appearance as well.

Wow.” He said aloud to nobody in particular, and then started walking toward Lily’s Inn. As he walked, his smile broadening, his body was slowly returning to its usual size and vigor as he left off storing his Feruchemy. He wanted to make a good impression.

Excuse me” he said as he approached the woman, taking in the lynx, the blue jay, the young girl petting the lynx, and the conversation between the two women in a single glance.

I don’t mean to intrude, but I was wondering if perhaps any of you ladies could point me to an ‘Agana’s Inn?’ I haven’t had much luck so far and Scarlet here was intriguing enough that I decided to ask for directions.”

He flashed a confident smile at the pair, waiting expectantly.