View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: The War on Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJesus View Post
Making something illegal doesn't really help. Drug usage isn't rampant because they're legal. In reference to Voices post above, the legal status probably makes things worse. Kids thinks its "cool" to do it because its prohibited. They start young and continue to participate in this behavior (and get addicted!). Not that I don't see where you're coming from, but human psychology makes it a bad road to take. Nobody likes being told what they can and can't do.
I agree so much. Know how many friends I have that smoke cigarettes because they're addicted? A lot. Most of them started young and now it's become something they can no longer control. Tobacco is the worst drug of all, in fact it's only effect is death. But people smoke it cause it's legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
That ideology is extremely illogical, dangerous, and ignorant. Not because I use drugs, or because I even drink anymore (I don't). The reason is the crime. Did you ever study the alcohol prohibition back in the 20th century? Precisely the reason why the mafia grew so much, so quickly. The same thing applies to crime today.
Likewise; Illegal drug cartels today wreak havoc in places like Mexico because they're starting to become richer than governments. And what do they spend their money on? Weapons to fight the police. Weapons that in turn kill innocent people. The war on drugs amounts to a tremendous crime against humanity, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to equate supporters of this frreedom restricting mindset with nazis.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 06-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.