View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC
Default Re: The Official Euro 2012 Football Thread

I'll do a sweepstakes. NOW FOR MY REVIEWS OF THE GAMES AND MY PREDICTIONS AND SHIZZ. I'm English btw.

Poland vs Greece: What an opener. It had it all - goals, controversy and even some comedy in the form of Georgio Samaras lol. The sending off for the Greek was very soft, and I think an extra man could have made the difference. Poland looked the far better side, but all credit to Greece for equalising while a goal and a man down. Szczesny had a bit of a howler, but Tyton made up for it with a save. I had this game as a 0-0 draw, so I got the result right :)

Czech Republic vs Russia: One of the more noticeable things was how good all of the goals were. Russia had some pretty poor finishing and could have easily scored another two or three, but I guess that's how football works. I predicted Russia to win 3-1 so although I once again got the result correct, the score was slightly off.

Tomorrow, I think Holland will win 4-0 and Germany will win 1-0.

And finally, using the UEFA websites tournament predictor, this is how I think the knockout rounds will play out (winners in caps)

RUSSIA vs Germany
SPAIN vs England
HOLLAND vs Czech Republic
FRANCE vs Italy

RUSSIA vs Spain
HOLLAND vs France

HOLLAND vs Russia

AIM: Politoed Prince